License to krill

lhuynh's 750 Red Sea Reefer XXL

nly04

Supporting Member
The photo is of the LPS. A few zoa, palys, and a leather also came. I got them from Your Reef Aquarium.
You go all the way to Your Reef. I been there a few time. good little store with good owner and decent coral price.

lhuynh

Supporting Member
@nly04 I didn't go all the way. I ordered online, and they shipped for free. I wanted to support quasi-local and was looking for a cheap frag pack to get started, as this is my first foray into corals.

lhuynh

Supporting Member
Some new pictures.

Done a number of things. I certainly can tidy it all up, but it's nice to have some of this set up.

Set up ATO with kalk in the laundry room to feed through the wall to the sump, which has been great. Still fiddling though with the siphon break not always working properly after I refill the reservoir. Bought a solenoid valve to possibly install. Also have lines for automatic water change using DOS, which has been so nice.

IMG_1624.JPG

RO/DI setup to feed both NSW reservoir and ATO reservoir.

IMG_1625.JPG

IMG_1626.JPG

lhuynh

Supporting Member
Completely redid my aquascape to make it much more sparse, as I took to heart the idea of thinking where you want to go and know that corals will hopefully fill up the space. Ignore some of the rocks just siting on shelfs and in corners. Just moving some of those around, like the rock on the shelf on the left side. I didn't feel like taking it down. I don't want that there long term.

Also, the AI Hydra light mounts that came with the tank weren't my favorite, so I was going to buy new light mounts. Once I started adding up the costs of new mounts, I ended up going a different route and getting the Aquatic Life X18 hybrid fixture. Figured that will be enough light no matter what direction I go.

T5 only
IMG_1627.JPG

LED only
IMG_1629.JPG

T5+LED
IMG_1623.JPG