Neptune Aquatics

lhuynh's 750 Red Sea Reefer XXL

Update here. Thanks to @Coral reefer for helping to install a 55 watt UV about 2.5 weeks ago.

UV.png

First thing that happened was chaeto started melting. No idea why. It was doing really well but then just started turning white. Anyway, assume this contributing to raising NO3 and PO4 but nowhere catastrophic (12 NO3 and .18 PO4). Now those parameters have stabilized to NO3 8-10ppm and PO4 .07-.09ppm.

A hammer that has looked iffy for a while has really opened back up. Glass doesn't seem to get as dirty. However, there seem to be dinos increasingly on the sand bed. Working to ID them.

Not sure if the dry sand I added having a lack of biodiversity on it could give the dinos a place to take over. The pod and baby snail explosion I had before adding the UV seem to still be fine.

Needed to add sand b/c a fish I've had on order for a while finally made it through QT with Bay Bridge Aquarium. Bipartitus Leopard Wrasse. She's doing really well so far. Eats pellets and is hunting now in the tank. Big props to Michael and the team at Bay Bridge.

Bipartitus.png

Back