Reef nutrition

[LOCATION and DATE CHANGE] 3/20 (Sun) Members Only Frag Swap at Cali Kid Corals in Concord

Will you attend the 3/19 Members Frag Swap?

• Total voters
Everything I got from the swap, member trades, and Cali Kid Corals purchases is looking happy and healthy

1647973360810.jpeg

1647973379093.jpeg

1647973397378.jpeg

1647973445334.jpeg

1647973469166.jpeg

1647973483134.jpeg

Yes, thanks everyone who worked the swap!

This one started unusually late. I'd like to volunteer next time and I'm wondering what we can do to stay on track with time? It seemed everything was set up when I got there at 11:30. Maybe members trickling in late?

V

Yes, thanks everyone who worked the swap!

This one started unusually late. I'd like to volunteer next time and I'm wondering what we can do to stay on track with time? It seemed everything was set up when I got there at 11:30. Maybe members trickling in late?

V
We'd announced a check-in time starting at 11:30, and a start to the swap at 12:30. We got setup done early, so started registration early, but didn't want to start the frag swap prior to the announced start time of 12:30.

Reactions: JVU
I know you know this already, and know it better than most, but teachers like you (and activities like what you've done) are a huge part of the reason I became a scientist. I had so many rote memorization, "Science is 'Do A then B happens'," science classes that were forgettable, but I had a couple that really stuck out and reshaped my life.

Whatever path she takes in life, I'm sure she will remember that for a long, long time. I know I remember all the teachers that did.
Thank you for your thoughtful comment. It means a lot. Every year has been a struggle with time, student needs, and powers that be adding more to my plate and trying to force horrible ways of "teaching science." It has been a long time coming but these past two years have moved me to my breaking point (same for a lot of my colleagues). Conflicted about the future and it wasn't until I "decided" with my best buddy teacher (just in our minds) to switch to high school that I realized how much I value my little aqua program and the experiences it offers. Nice to hear others I respect share my feelings about it.

Thank you for your thoughtful comment. It means a lot. Every year has been a struggle with time, student needs, and powers that be adding more to my plate and trying to force horrible ways of "teaching science." It has been a long time coming but these past two years have moved me to my breaking point (same for a lot of my colleagues). Conflicted about the future and it wasn't until I "decided" with my best buddy teacher (just in our minds) to switch to high school that I realized how much I value my little aqua program and the experiences it offers. Nice to hear others I respect share my feelings about it.
I was not at all interested in school until I found "that" teacher. His enthusiasm and passion was infectious. Didn't hurt that the subject was firefighting and EMS but with out that teacher, my life would have been a lot less interesting.

Keep it up ;)

So I just realized I forgot to take my Reef Nutrition copepods home after I purchased them @ CaliKid.
Any change someone will be swinging by the South Bay from that area and wants to trade my copepods for a nice beer? Otherwise I might give them away to a supporting member.
I never had a chance to call CaliKid or go up there to pick it up. First one to explain my situation gets the free bottle of RN pods.

Back