High Tide Aquatics

Meshmez's IM EXT 112

So it's been a while since I updated.

Tank got hit pretty hard with ostreopsis dinoflagellates in November.
20221127_195940.jpg

Hit it with uv and sediment filter and eventually turned the corner.
20221201_212357.jpg

Dino did some damage to the corals, lost a few, the rest weren't looking good.

Continued to see stn on sps and tissue receding on lps. Ended up losing most of my coral over the next couple months. I believe it was some kind of bacterial infection. Seemed like BJD like issues with the lps. Moved what was left of my coralexcept for some softies, to a temporary tank and started Cipro treatments at the dosage the aquabiomics people have seen to treat BJD. Corals started looking better within a few days. Finished the treatment, and treated the DT as well.
20230211_140516.jpg

Added aquabiomics live rock rubble to hopefully add a better balance of bacteria.
Just moved what was left of my coral back into the DT a few days ago. Things seem to be looking ok so far, so fingers crossed. Lost a lot of coral through that.

20230220_211609.jpg

Throughout this time I have been gradually adding fish. Current stocking is now:
Yellow tang, Kole tang, purple Firefish, starry goby, melanarus wrasse, Moyer's Leopard Wrasse, blue star leopard wrasse, fathead anthias, bellus angel.

Switch a bio block with Randy for good measure. Good luck. Hope corals start thriving for you
I just worry about the possiblity of transferring ich...

Feel free to buy some Maxspect Bio-Blocks and I’m happy to swap 1 or 2 of them with mine. If you’re worried about ich, I understand. I definitely can’t guarantee no ich, but what I can say to you is that half of the fish are 6 years old (before I started QTing) and the other half had been through 30-days of copper treatment. I haven’t seen ich in six years in any of these fish so far.

Feel free to buy some Maxspect Bio-Blocks and I’m happy to swap 1 or 2 of them with mine. If you’re worried about ich, I understand. I definitely can’t guarantee no ich, but what I can say to you is that half of the fish are 6 years old (before I started QTing) and the other half had been through 30-days of copper treatment. I haven’t seen ich in six years in any of these fish so far.

I know, and I mean no offense, it's just hard after spending so much time to qt fish. Seems reckless.
Then again I have put snails directly in... And that's not a whole lot better. Even though they are supposedly from a fishless system...

I know, and I mean no offense, it's just hard after spending so much time to qt fish. Seems reckless.
Then again I have put snails directly in... And that's not a whole lot better. Even though they are supposedly from a fishless system...
Not to be Mr. Paranoia, but based on your statement it sounds like you bought snails from a well known online clean up crew site. They do not quarantine. They get stuff from their collectors and toss it into a system that's fishless. At least that's my recollection from reading up on them.

I bought from them, and right after my tank got ich. Luckily it was my isolation tank. Big pita to have to treat everything in there.

I too would not trust most places or most reefers. I think trusting any place that doesn't fully quarantine isn't much better then trusting a trusted tank.

Not to be Mr. Paranoia, but based on your statement it sounds like you bought snails from a well known online clean up crew site. They do not quarantine. They get stuff from their collectors and toss it into a system that's fishless. At least that's my recollection from reading up on them.

I bought from them, and right after my tank got ich. Luckily it was my isolation tank. Big pita to have to treat everything in there.

I too would not trust most places or most reefers. I think trusting any place that doesn't fully quarantine isn't much better then trusting a trusted tank.
I understand you're trying not to name names, but in this case you probably should. I assume you're talking about reef cleaners? I bought from saltwateraquarium.com though I wouldn't be surprised if they also wild collect and house in fishless system.

with sadness I announce I will soon be shutting down and selling this tank and my 25 lagoon, and exiting the hobby for the foreseeable future.
I'll be moving out of state and don't want to try moving a tank. If anyone is interested in anything let me know, I'll be posting it all for sale soon....
20230702_130710.jpg
20230702_130720.jpg
20230706_174919.jpg
20230706_174930.jpg

Back