Reef nutrition

Michael's 300 In Vegas

Jeez a venomous and poisonous rabbitfish would be my nightmare
Just the dorsal spikes, and I don't make a habit of petting my fish. I looked into it and it sounds like it's only slightly worse than a bee sting for some and can be quite painful but not deadly to others. I never had any issues with my last rabbit fish but I knew what behavior to look for and didn't work in the area my fish was in.

The paly toxin is the only thing that really worries me with the baby growing in the house.

Just the dorsal spikes, and I don't make a habit of petting my fish. I looked into it and it sounds like it's only slightly worse than a bee sting for some and can be quite painful but not deadly to others. I never had any issues with my last rabbit fish but I knew what behavior to look for and didn't work in the area my fish was in.

The paly toxin is the only thing that really worries me with the baby growing in the house.

It depends on how hard they hit you, etc. They can hurt really bad if they get deep enough. I've had dozens of lionfish stings, which all were less then my worst rabbitfish hit. I couldn't work for a week, or use that hand. When you handle thousands of fish, you're bound to get hit.

It depends on how hard they hit you, etc. They can hurt really bad if they get deep enough. I've had dozens of lionfish stings, which all were less then my worst rabbitfish hit. I couldn't work for a week, or use that hand. When you handle thousands of fish, you're bound to get hit.
I didn’t know about rabbit fish spines for a long time and have grabbed them with my hands in the past. Always got lucky I guess. Much more careful now. I’ve only had lion fish twice. Was t fun the first time was much worse.
Do you know if dwarf is less bad than full size?

I didn’t know about rabbit fish spines for a long time and have grabbed them with my hands in the past. Always got lucky I guess. Much more careful now. I’ve only had lion fish twice. Was t fun the first time was much worse.
Do you know if dwarf is less bad than full size?

They feel the same to me. I don't react to lionfish that badly at all. My old boss had an employee go into convulsions and had to be rushed to the ER.

I'm more scared of large triggers, and maroon clownfish then lionfish. They both go right for the webbing between my fingers. My friend had a Titan take his eye brow off, skin and all, while diving.

They feel the same to me. I don't react to lionfish that badly at all. My old boss had an employee go into convulsions and had to be rushed to the ER.

I'm more scared of large triggers, and maroon clownfish then lionfish. They both go right for the webbing between my fingers. My friend had a Titan take his eye brow off, skin and all, while diving.
Silly anecdote, one time I was diving in a quarry in the outskirts of Chicago. It was shallow so I wore a wetsuit that didn't cover my arms. While swimming along I felt something on my arm like a prick. I look around and didn't see anything so I continued on.

A bit later and I feel it again and it's starting to hurt. A couple times more and I realize it's happening to the birthmark on the back of my arm and I notice a bluegill right by me.

Little bastard was trying to eat the birthmark off me. Must've thought it was a bug. Didn't quite get me to bleed but felt like it was on the path to. I did my best underwater ninja attack at it and it mostly ignored me. I did the rest of the dive with my arms crossed covering the birthmark.

Stupid fish.

Silly anecdote, one time I was diving in a quarry in the outskirts of Chicago. It was shallow so I wore a wetsuit that didn't cover my arms. While swimming along I felt something on my arm like a prick. I look around and didn't see anything so I continued on.

A bit later and I feel it again and it's starting to hurt. A couple times more and I realize it's happening to the birthmark on the back of my arm and I notice a bluegill right by me.

Little bastard was trying to eat the birthmark off me. Must've thought it was a bug. Didn't quite get me to bleed but felt like it was on the path to. I did my best underwater ninja attack at it and it mostly ignored me. I did the rest of the dive with my arms crossed covering the birthmark.

Stupid fish.

I'm an ex divemaster... I learned pretty quickly to make sure I didn't have anything to flashy on me LOL

Got a coral and nem shipment from Aqua SD. Great prices and huge nems. Too many $5 frags to count.

IMG_20240816_092409.jpg
IMG_20240816_092336.jpg
IMG_20240816_092346.jpg

IMG_20240816_092322.jpg

Back