High Tide Aquatics

Mindstream monitor seems to be available

Yeah lets not pretend they are a well established company like Neptune is (Trident), I'm guessing they had an idea (Mindstream) and set about getting it to work as advertised, but now they need production quantities of them they probably have no idea of costs/lead time, assembly time (If they do it in house), etc. But yeah if they quoted you 6-8 weeks and then 9 weeks later they still quote you 6-8 weeks I would cancel in a heartbeat. Like John said, wait until they figure out all the stuff that you do for a business and then order from them, is the 10% off worth the peace of mind?

Yeah lets not pretend they are a well established company like Neptune is (Trident), I'm guessing they had an idea (Mindstream) and set about getting it to work as advertised, but now they need production quantities of them they probably have no idea of costs/lead time, assembly time (If they do it in house), etc. But yeah if they quoted you 6-8 weeks and then 9 weeks later they still quote you 6-8 weeks I would cancel in a heartbeat. Like John said, wait until they figure out all the stuff that you do for a business and then order from them, is the 10% off worth the peace of mind?
Well now you are simply speculating yourself.
They will deliever(my speculation and hope). Whever got the units so far are happy with the performance.

Well, my Mindstream order is past the 9-week mark and I’m getting suspicious they don’t intend to fulfill the majority of orders before shutting down altogether. They are still quoting 6-8week lead time on their site and are only limiting to 3 units per order (weird since they cannot ship their existing orders). Instead of charging at shipment time, they charge your card 100% up front, and when you ask for a delivery update they promise 10% off “at shipment time” instead of just charging back 10% right away. Very suspicious to me... what do you think?
Btw liz their terms and conditions are clear, 45 days money back guarantee off the installation date. Which means they should refund you if you cancel now.
If this is giving you anxiety(rightfully so) my advice is to cancel the order and wait till this product is more commoditized.
I would do that only if waiting gives me anxiety.
Eventually this will be more available in the market I think.
ba3d0608f5a2d5f4eafd73d9fa25d657.jpg

What does the interface look like? Are all the parameters available only through an app? And you can’t hook it up to an automatic doser?
Paramaters are available via the app which is getting it from the backend(cloud). Look like raw data is sent to the cloud, computation based on each disk characteristics is done on the back end then results are shown in the app.
At the moment there is no control but they claim they are working with dosers, pumps and other equipments vendors to provide control integration. Thw unit pack the common IOT and wireless connectivity that can be used for 3rd party equipment integration.
Just got back from Neptune aquatics and the owner have seen the device and talked to the team at macna. He was impressed with the device and engineering team. Look like a game changer device.
Production is slow which is annoying, but I hope eventually it will be one more commoditized and available. For now a wait of 6 ti 10 weeks is expected lead time.

It’s the recurring $35 a month that makes that 1k price tag hard to swallow.

That would essentially double my tanks monthly operating costs...

It depends more on how well it works than on how much it costs in my opinion. If it does everything it says it will, with good accuracy and almost no maintenance, it’s a great deal. If the accuracy isn’t reliable or if it requires frequent troubleshooting, then it’s not.

They refunded me in full. The updated lead time was going to be longer than the 3 months protection limit on my credit card, so if they didn’t deliver I would have had no recourse. I don’t want to discourage others from placing orders, just do it at your own risk threshold.

Seems like the consensus on R2R is that orders were taking +/- 18 weeks.
Not sure where did you see the 18 weeks avrage, am following their updates on R2R.thay announced taking orders less than 18 weeks ago did not they? If am not mistaken they started taking orders mid to end jun...
I did see se reviews, including someone who compared their units against red sea and API.
Reading the review (at least on my end) was positive especially on the analytical side where you can see the trends in the system more granular than with other test kits.
Hopefully I get my unit soon thu, I would hate to wait more than 10 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Not sure where did you see the 18 weeks avrage, am following their updates on R2R.thay announced taking orders less than 18 weeks ago did not they? If am not mistaken they started taking orders mid to end jun...
I did see se reviews, including someone who compared their units against red sea and API.
Reading the review (at least on my end) was positive especially on the analytical side where you can see the trends in the system more granular than with other test kits.
Hopefully I get my unit soon thu, I would hate to wait more than 10 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That's based on people that ordered early and haven't received theirs yet, but apparently have gotten an estimate on when theirs will ship from the company. Looks like most people are saying it's 16 weeks right now, not 18. I'm only sort of paying attention to these threads...

Hopefully they are just being cautious, and not having serious trouble.

I have done cheap asian manufacturing. (DVD players)
Prototypes can be perfect, full production runs can be total junk.
It happens ... a lot.
And it can take quite a long time figuring out what went wrong and fixing it.
A lot more than 16 weeks.
Especially if you are a little company, minimal resources, that some giant manufacturing
plant cares little about.

That was me. I am not implying I know anything specific about them.

Seems like they had plenty of stock available for every "famous" reefer out there, whether blogs, vlogs and what not as they all have them running on tanks. :D

So lesson learned, become a famous reefer and you'll get tons of a stuff either free or at the very least put to the front of the line to experience it, whether it's a Mindstream, or Trident :D

Back