Neptune Aquatics

Monzer's tank restart

Do you think the gyres just did a better job of suspending detritus so making po4 rise?

Ive seen gyres in vidoes never owned one so I would be intrested on your prospective concerning their effects on the tank in general and what specifically about them compared to other wave makers that could effect p04 as you mentioned.
Yes the Gyre kicked debris up and thus po4 rose. What made this possible is that I had placed the Gyre vertically rather than horizontally. This helped kick up a ton of debris. Also, I did not realize how many the dead spots I had in the tank until I add fuel saw the actual flow of the water.

I'll add some pics later.

Yes the Gyre kicked debris up and thus po4 rose. What made this possible is that I had placed the Gyre vertically rather than horizontally. This helped kick up a ton of debris. Also, I did not realize how many the dead spots I had in the tank until I add fuel saw the actual flow of the water.

Adjust the flow direction on both sides so their different to mix up the flow.. I run mine at 45 degree angles

Great example of how effective gyres are.

Could you clarify this? I have two running vertically and two running horizontally and would be curious if the vertical flow can be more optimized.
Each side of the gyre can twist independently so you can change the flow direction. Helps angling the flow around or through structures with more weaving current..Sounds like you have plenty of flow.. I also do randomly change the flow directions every couple weeks to mix things up..

Still work in progress. I have not taken down the dead coral skeletons yet. Probably add encrusting corals on them later. Will be taking my time before introducing corals.

IMG_7237.jpg

Last edited:
Back