Our mission

My 170g cube

Damn fish.
09e8be95f17ac6c5fc96f3f2ab6df45d.jpg

Last week I saw a post elsewhere about lighting schedules and saw several people had peaks and valleys in their light intesity schedule. I've always had mine ramp up, stable at peak intensity then ramp down.

I looked into a few videos of presentations by experts at things like MACNA and read a few articles and it convinced me to change my lighting schedule.

Now my lights ramp up then fluctuate in a way that somewhat simulates cloud cover.

If I ran my lights at 70% or more consistently, my LPS like acans, Blasto and chalices did poorly and some shrank and started dying until I lowered the consistent intensity. My clam was also very upset. I haven't moved my acans back into the display yet but my LPS is doing great, chalices are growing again and the clam is happy.

Here is the schedule I use now for intensity. Color fluctuates a little too but never goes higher than 45%.
4x Kessil A360we tuna blue on 36x36x30 tank.
600f667802aef476f27293030d67e7f7.jpg

Reactions: JVU
Last week I saw a post elsewhere about lighting schedules and saw several people had peaks and valleys in their light intesity schedule. I've always had mine ramp up, stable at peak intensity then ramp down.

I looked into a few videos of presentations by experts at things like MACNA and read a few articles and it convinced me to change my lighting schedule.

Now my lights ramp up then fluctuate in a way that somewhat simulates cloud cover.

If I ran my lights at 70% or more consistently, my LPS like acans, Blasto and chalices did poorly and some shrank and started dying until I lowered the consistent intensity. My clam was also very upset. I haven't moved my acans back into the display yet but my LPS is doing great, chalices are growing again and the clam is happy.

Here is the schedule I use now for intensity. Color fluctuates a little too but never goes higher than 45%.
4x Kessil A360we tuna blue on 36x36x30 tank.
600f667802aef476f27293030d67e7f7.jpg
Interesting. Keep us posted with how it goes.

Had some hair algae growing on these sps frags in the frag tank. Put them on a rack in the display for 10 minutes and they are all clean now.

That's what 9 tangs gets you.
f22c9df6189dc2869a7a7496c5bd8dd4.jpg

Put some mangroves in the overflow. Just rubber banded for now, I'm printing some net cups and clamps to hold them in place. I probably will have to add a light for the mangroves.

Back