Our mission

My 170g cube

Very nice looking magnificas, although man they're small. Always worry about anemones that small with clowns as the clowns just HAVE to squeeze their way into them even when the clown is larger.

I've been watching them closely (they are in a box in the frag tank).

Having 6 of them has helped spread out the "affection" from the clowns. They are definitely in love with anemones now.

I thought they were bubble tips when they were in the bag, they are pretty small.

Reef Geek 3D Printing

I've been watching them closely (they are in a box in the frag tank).

Having 6 of them has helped spread out the "affection" from the clowns. They are definitely in love with anemones now.

I thought they were bubble tips when they were in the bag, they are pretty small.

Reef Geek 3D Printing
You gonna be rehoming any

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Those mags are going to fill up a 20g heck even 30g

My mag took over 1/4 30g tank, it was scary big

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Testing guards for my OW-10 pumps.
192ced9b27df50144f76c5c6880bbfd9.jpg

Reef Geek 3D Printing

Well, it does explain it but only if you know the history. Replaced my calcium reactor media and didn't test anything afterwards. My tank hovered around 9dkh for about 10 months. Now it hovers around 12.

Reef Geek 3D Printing

Daughter and wife are sick so while the princess and I watch Blue Planet on the couch, i got to work.

Sketched the frame for the stands on the 100g tank and the 125g tank that will be in the garage. Decided to do the stand in steel since I have some tubing at my buddies house. $75 of steel to make stands for two 5 foot tanks.

Sketched the plumbing plan. Thankfully my pump is rediculously overrated for my system (deepwater dc 12).

$200 in plumbing to finish this project.

Reef Geek 3D Printing

Wonder what happened to the Deepwater pumps, don't see them much any more, opened up the one I had to clean it out and noticed that it's identical to the Vectra pump from Ecotech. Came out before them too.

Wonder what happened to the Deepwater pumps, don't see them much any more, opened up the one I had to clean it out and noticed that it's identical to the Vectra pump from Ecotech. Came out before them too.
Interesting. I hadn't heard that before.

I'm really happy with the pump.

Reef Geek 3D Printing

Yeah picked up my Deepwater from of all places the Amazon "damaged" warehouse, box was a little crushed got the pump for half off, so yeah I'm ok with that. I want to say they were more of a European market on those which maybe why they didn't have much of a push in the US, but yeah noticed the pumps were identical except for the color/controller. Was happy with mine, although I had the BLDC 5 which was a bit underpowered for my tank, replace with a Vectra M1... also got for super cheap due to I'm guessing pricing error.

Didn't realize my microbacter 7 bottle was empty for a few weeks. Put a new one in and didn't adjust the dosing schedule... Explains my torch dropping heads.

Reef Geek 3D Printing

Back