Kessil

Neptune Trident NP and new DOS!

all depends on what that little bottle is for and where it goes and if the manifold looks the same. ;)

View attachment 56846
OK so it's just like the regular trident in so much as it seats 3 reagents in the drawer.

The reagent package comes with 2 extra bottles:
  1. the mini bottle... this is reagent 3b. You need to add the contents of 3b to reagent 3a (normal reagent bottle)
  2. a forth "normal" sized bottle with powder in it. You mix tap water with this powder then dump the contents into the waste container... its called "waste neutralizer" or something like that (threw it away and cant look)
But I the end - you end up with 3 reagents in the drawer just like the normal trident

Last edited:
1717359242224.png
1717359262118.png
1717359295972.png

So far so good LOL
As the image shows, I'm currently calibrating the NP & hopefully that gets things, more or less, in line (ran about 5 tests over the last 2 days)
If not I'll go buy some Salifert kits to further troubleshoot... but, hopefully all I have to do is calibrate

The NSI still has me testing by hand, I am willing to stop because I am convinced.
Hopefully I sort mine out. It initially had the po4 “correct” but then magically decided to set it at 0 lol

Still calibrating. Hoping it’s all set later today. In the mean time I’ll play video games

Sorry but just to be clear, you are saying the readings are way off still after trying to get it to work for 2 days, including doing (or redoing?) their recommended calibration?
Way off compared to my Hanna checkers, yes.

Gonna buy some manual kits later today for a tie breaker.

Reactions: JVU
I hate hanna checkers, and am using them becuase that is what the NSI wanted.

I bought my checkers a year or two ago so I could have the same white cane most people in the hobby seem to use, but I hate all nitrate testing* (it is a goofy test the way it works and is really dependent on the vigorous shaking being the same every time) so I am happy to have a machine do it.
*I hate all testing and am happy to have a machine do it.

Back