Cali Kid Corals

Neptune Trident NP and new DOS!

Nope lol working with Neptune support now; submitted a bunch of debug logs etc yesterday and waiting for their engineers to diagnose what might be happening.

Since the last update:
  • I've done 3 or 4 water changes to bring nitrates down. Salifert is reading about 20 now where the Trident is reading 50-70 (depends on the day).
  • many hours after a 50% WC nitrates went from 60 to about 78 (Salifert said they went down)
  • Due to frustration on my part I did a "reset" on the NP and since then Po4 has been reading 0 (Salifert disagrees and says im between 0.03 and .1 somewhere - cant tell from color)
I don’t trust salifert for p04, all the other ones they make are straight foward. Po4 though impossible to tell range with any confidence. Maybe consider a hanna for po4 or different test.

I don’t trust salifert for p04, all the other ones they make are straight foward. Po4 though impossible to tell range with any confidence. Maybe consider a hanna for po4 or different test.
My Hanna is busted - I did Hanna & Salifert tests AND took a sample to Aquatic Collection to use their AquaSpin. The Salifert was close to Aquaspin (roughly 0.03-ish) and my Hanna was reading something insane like 0.3

Trying to avoid buying another $70 Hanna checker if the NP can get working "properly"

I have the Hanna-not sure I trust that either based on discrepancies with my ICP tests that says Hanna is .1 above the ICP on average. But at least I have some consistency.

My Hanna is busted - I did Hanna & Salifert tests AND took a sample to Aquatic Collection to use their AquaSpin. The Salifert was close to Aquaspin (roughly 0.03-ish) and my Hanna was reading something insane like 0.3

Trying to avoid buying another $70 Hanna checker if the NP can get working "properly"

Been meaning to do that and see if my Hanna is also..toast..

I have the Hanna-not sure I trust that either based on discrepancies with my ICP tests that says Hanna is .1 above the ICP on average. But at least I have some consistency.
Yes I don't know enough about any of them to speak to accuracy. Only pointing out with salifert p04 accuracy in terms of a precise range is almost impossible. Even for the point of determining if you are rising over time or declining. Mine always showed same results so really no help. I imagine by the time it showed a visble color difference you would already have major problems. Just my experience with that specific test. All the other saliferts I had no problem with getting a clear determination.

Yes I don't know enough about any of them to speak to accuracy. Only pointing out with salifert p04 accuracy in terms of a precise range is almost impossible. Even for the point of determining if you are rising over time or declining. Mine always showed same results so really no help. I imagine by the time it showed a visble color difference you would already have major problems. Just my experience with that specific test. All the other saliferts I had no problem with getting a clear determination.
ya for my purpose I just have to have a non Trident tell me whether on not p04 is zero. I even dosed liquid phosphate and Trident is still reading 0

Been meaning to do that and see if my Hanna is also..toast..
I’d just throw out there that you’ll want a test you trust on hand to check the Trident NP results against occasionally even once you have it working well. So probably should have a working Hanna ULP regardless.

By analogy I’d never recommend someone rely entirely on the regular Trident readings without being able to manually test for Alk, Ca, Mg as needed.

I’d just throw out there that you’ll want a test you trust on hand to check the Trident NP results against occasionally even once you have it working well. So probably should have a working Hanna ULP regardless.

By analogy I’d never recommend someone rely entirely on the regular Trident readings without being able to manually test for Alk, Ca, Mg as needed.
ya I totally agree. ill get another one eventually. The 774 hasn't been available w/ Prime on amazon - buying from the online reef retailers takes longer than waiting for a weekend trip to AC

More fun. Today's NP's nitrate reading jumped about 20ppm from yesterday. Salifert says between 10 & 25 :D

1720737711533.png

Back