got ethical husbandry?

New Member Area/Introduce yourself thread

Hi! My name is Jason and I've been reefing for about 7 years.

I have a 72 gallon bow, a 20 gallon onyx clown breeder, an 18 gallon seahorse tank and a 10 gallon nano at work. I'd really like to tear down the 72 at some point and upgrade to a 120... maybe someday soon. :)

I work at TiVo as a product manager and I live in west san jose near Santana Row and Valley Fair Mall.

I'm really happy to have discovered BAR. Everyone is really nice and the events are awesome. The hobby has really come a long way since when I first started.

Here are some pics of my life... and some of my tank are in there as well.

http://jasonwong.smugmug.com

Hi my name is Chris. Iv'e had my tank for about a year now. this is my first setup in saltwater so i'm learning something new all the time.

I currently have a 55 gal mixed reef with a 25 gal sump. I hope to be upgrading to a 75 that i have but i think that will have to wait until i move.

I work for State Farm insurnance and have lived in San Jose my whole life.

I'm glad i finally joined BAR, probably the best investment i have made regarding my tank.

Well see you all at the frag swap.

Hello everyone, just wanted to introduce myself- just joined the club after meeting Lefty recently. I'll be setting up a new tank in the coming months and look forward to learning from ya'll and meeting some new reef buddies. I'll be building everything for the new tank at my dad's woodshop here in SF, so if anyone needs any DIY help, the shop has everything you could ever wish for. Just let me know.

I work at the Academy of Sciences/Steinhart Aquarium and would be happy to give some behind the scenes tours in the future.

Rich, looks like I will miss the frag swap this time around, but hopefully will participate in the next one when I have something to contribute!

Best, Peter (Entacmaea on RDO)

Welcome to the club and good luck on your new project. I would definitly be interested in a behind the scenes tour at Steinhart. What do you do there?

Yah, and Rich will need a dive buddy to assist him <hint hint>

Apon said:
Welcome.....Rich is that the new logo? or graphic?

Nope. That was the second place entry from the last time we got graphics.

I believe that we do have a vector based version of this one.

:D

Rich- we are probably about a year off from starting a volunteer diver corp for the 250,000 gallon tank, but I'll be sure to keep you in the loop. We are expecting to need at least a hundred divers, so there should be plenty of slots I should think.

Thanks tigs- we'll be moving back to Golden Gate Park in 2008. We'll have the largest living reef tank in the world then - about 250,000 gallons. We are starting to grow out corals now in our building's basement : )

Hi Peter, thanks for the last tour, it was neat. LMK if you'd like us to pursue the Tongan growout ideas we discussed. Rich has my e-mail/phone.
Thx-Jim

hi to everyone,

just wanted to say hi to everyone as i think i finally figured out how to post as my username instead of 'guest.' figure i'll introduce myself, i'm a middle school math/science teacher in oakland who has been doing fresh water for years and last year finally took the plunge into reef tanks, and now feels like the learning curve is steep all over again.. especially wondering whose around thats closer to me to give advise/talk/swap with (oakland/alameda/berkeley/etc.). looking forward to coming to the meetings (especially the DIY's, if you have any coming up) and talking with cool folks.

thanks also to lefty for getting me all squared away with my membership before the BAR frag swap, great experience meeting folks and came back with a bunch of new frags..

Back