Our mission

New Salt Water LFS in Oakland

under_water_ninja

High Tide Aquatics
LFS Owner
Good morning guys. I wish I could have put this post up earlier, but this has taken awhile and I’ve been busting my butt day and night to Bring a new Salt water only LFS to Oakland. I have been a member of the reef club for 16 years now and have been doing this hobby for 30 years, I’ve put my 15 year career in tattooing on hold to make this all happen. It is a special place to say the least. Hoping it can become a place for reefers to come gather and talk reefing. I will have lots of coral, fish, inverts, foods and supplies. All my fish are QT’d on premises for 2 weeks before hitting the sales floor. I have put my heart and soul into this to do it right! Please check out the website hightideaquatics.net
Grand Opening party on may 8th with food, drinks, music, raffles, prizes, photo booth etc…! Yes I know it’s Mother’s Day, but if you can find time to come check out the shop, or just bring mom for the party and took some wacky photo booth pics, lol!)

IG is @hightideaquaticsoakland

Oh ya- BAR supporting members get 10% off everything all day everyday! So come support and get some goodies!

p.s. I will be posting more photos of the inside of the store soon! It is a place to see for sure!

Thank you guys all so much! Can’t wait to see members there and chit chat!

Attachments

• CAAAD888-7E39-46FA-B93E-5219B86E0B66.jpeg
    CAAAD888-7E39-46FA-B93E-5219B86E0B66.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 196
I just checked this place out. It's looking pretty good. He even has a full qt set up for all new fish. I'm excited for the grand opening next week!!!

Is there a section for fish that are already QT, or is it something you have to order and wait a couple of months?

And how did you get there so fast? Do you work in Oakland?

Congratulations! This is an excellent news for the hobbyists in that area! There will be lots of challenges for you ahead so stay positive, focus and take it one day at a time. This is tough business to be in but if you have enough passion for it, it will take you far.

Good Luck!
Thank you Robert! It’s been a long time. Yes I am nervous and excited for the road ahead! Yes I have already felt some of downs, but just looking up and my passion for this hobby is what drives me. I am putting blood sweat and tears into this to try to make it right. Now all the really hard stuff is done I can focus on my husbandry! I hope to see you there some time! I stopped by Neptune a couple months back, it had been a long time, man it’s looking so good there! Love the displays!!!!

Is there a section for fish that are already QT, or is it something you have to order and wait a couple of months?

And how did you get there so fast? Do you work in Oakland?
Yes I will have QT fish in hand. All the fish in my sales floor tanks will have been QT’d for 2 weeks in my QT system. No drugs! Just solid observation and big UV’s on different flows. If anything needs to be treated they get pulled out and treated in a hospital tank. I want to make sure that when the fish hit the sales floor that they are as close to being disease free as they can get, eating well and overall healthy! Trying to take the risks of loss out of the customers end.

Back