Reef nutrition

Other hobbies

jamie

Supporting Member
Hi guys i was just in the garage and was wondering what other hobbies every one has? As for me i can't get enough of taking my motorcycle to the track.

I bought 2 DJI Mavic’s last summer - 2S and Mini 2 - but ended up using the for less than 4 hrs total. Hoping to use them more this summer or it’s time to move on in to the new hobby - reefing.

My hobbies change whenever I feel like I am proficient in something and move one to something new to learn about. Probably why I come back to this hobby so much as it is so broad and difficult to master.
Looking back to the gram I seam to be most consistent with exploring outside, camping and making stuff but can get into almost anything for a while. I do like hunting down obscure places that few people know about.

I’m big into music. Really missed the concert scene over the last couple years, but I’ve got a few axes at home and try to do virtual collaborations with one of my old band members as much as time allows.

Also, saltwater and guitars don’t mix..

Gardening - I have the collector bug with named roses same as with my acros, I mail order a new rose from Jackson and Perkins every year to try out. I try to collect ones that have really great scents - Tahitian Sunset, April in Paris, Honey Parfume and Kiss me Kate are some of my newest.
FB61496D-CE06-4E1E-8B68-F58A66EE7FE3.jpeg

I’m trying to get into fancy hibiscus this year, ordered some from a guy in FL this year who is like the Cornbred of hibiscus but they’re still tiny and will probably take a year to grow out before I can even plant them.

Gardening - I have the collector bug with named roses same as with my acros, I mail order a new rose from Jackson and Perkins every year to try out. I try to collect ones that have really great scents - Tahitian Sunset, April in Paris, Honey Parfume and Kiss me Kate are some of my newest.
View attachment 38145
I’m trying to get into fancy hibiscus this year, ordered some from a guy in FL this year who is like the Cornbred of hibiscus but they’re still tiny and will probably take a year to grow out before I can even plant them.
We got the indoor plant bug hard to match my freshwater bug

Lots and lots...
rc, mainly planes but also helis, cars and fpv quads.
cycling, off and on road.
target sports
Went through a stage with aerobatic kites, still have plenty and take them out once in a while.

Lots and lots...
rc, mainly planes but also helis, cars and fpv quads.
cycling, off and on road.
target sports
Went through a stage with aerobatic kites, still have plenty and take them out once in a while.
Where are your fav spots to fly kites? We’re beginners but have been going to Shoreline kite park. There is always wind there. We made the mistake of first trying a normal park and someone’s dog wanted to play with our kite too :)

Where are your fav spots to fly kites? We’re beginners but have been going to Shoreline kite park. There is always wind there. We made the mistake of first trying a normal park and someone’s dog wanted to play with our kite too :)
There is only 1 area in Shoreline that you can fly kites at. It is a pretty good area.
Baylands park is also good. But you have to contend with other park users and sometimes RC flyers. It is shared use.

There is an upcoming Kid's and Kites festival in Fremont this weekend 5/14. It usually pretty big.

The really big one is in Berkeley. It has stunt kite competitions which are really cool to watch and tons of HUGE kites.. lots of laundry and displays.

There maybe others scattered through the summer.

If you want to try some other types/brands of kites, let me know. I'll be pretty rusty but you'll be able to try some different designs and try different string weights/lengths etc.

Back