Neptune Aquatics

Patrick's 81G - the last dance

Nice build! Welcome back to the reefers! Following along from what your older 200 and other tank looked like wow this one will be more epic! Wonder if you got any DBTC corals floating around anymore that would be cool. Oh nice wrapping the brick fireplace looks great I used to be a stone mason contractor but after three back surgeries had to escape! Plus that flooring looks super easy to clean up splashes and spills!. With lights out watching movies you got ambient cinema lighting complements of Neptune!
Thanks for sharing your build!
Thank you for the kind words and the warm welcome back..looking back at my previous builds, it's been one heck of a journey...I wish reef central and reefs.org were still around so I could look back on how excited I was for getting a Skilter on a 10 gallon truvu and setting up an IV drip of kalk..glad BAR keeps the older archives around for us to look back on.

I'm pretty sure some of my old DBTC is floating around somewhere..hopefully thriving in others tanks by now..it wasn't as trackable and organized back then...plus we always spreader out our frags amongst fellow reefers for the community aspect, so many went undocumented..

I have the utmost respect for anyone who can lay stone...the contractor who did our fireplace cut the pieces from some leftover 4'x4' tiles we had from our bathroom build and lifted those like nothing when it took me 2 hours, a bathroom break, and lunch to just get them out of my car lol..hats off to you guys...you gotta be built like a rock to do that on the daily..

One step closer to getting water in..Came home to this and couldn't wait to check it out.
20240918_215629.jpg

The shipment came in 2 boxes..one with the Fixture and the other with the driver, hanging kit, and power cord..all very well packed.
20240918_221004.jpg

20240918_215718.jpg

As thin as it is, I was caught off guard with how heavy the fixture was...although flat, this thing is solid. The finish and build quality is crazy..with all the gear I've opened as of late, this, by far, has impressed me the most.
20240918_215907.jpg

20240918_215830.jpg
20240918_220209.jpg

Sadly, install is going to have to wait a week..gotta find a drill press to get some holes in the aluminum extrusion I'll be hanging it on and prepare to move my daughter in to college.

More to come once I get this thing strung up!

Back