High Tide Aquatics

Pressurized kalk reactor

Vigorous mixing seems like a solvable problem but like you mention there are other ways to consistent alk delivery.

Did you give it another shot after correcting stirring duration?

My original post have some typo due to autocorrect. Fixed that. I meant i mess with the stirring duration but it didn't make much of a different. IN my setup, i use a mag stirrer. Run it from 8mins to 20mins. I can clearly see the the entire container get cloudy when the mag stirrer turn on. I have full control when and how long to run the mag stirrer. 20mins seems a lot. Is it?
Does this mean vigorously stirring is not the problem?

Sorry for all the thinking out loud.lol I can't wrap my head around not having a solution for keeping saturation.

I cannot say for sure stirring vigorously is the problem or the solution. Like i said, if i add fresh kalk powder, same stirring duration, the potency is back to normal.

Just to repeat. The problem i observed :

1. Potency drop over time (4 days in my case)
2. Stirring vigorously on 3rd day did not help. To be specific, i stir in the morning, let it settle and dose at night. I can try stirring close to night time and have less settle time to see if that helps.
3. Adding more kalk help. Per my calculation , for the volume i'm dosing , max saturation is 2.5tablespoon of kalk per week. I added 5 tablespoon and potency drop after 4 days.

I cannot understand the logic either. The mixing container is 6x6inch, water fill up to 2" to the top. Container is not airtight, but have a lid. We are talking about 72cubic inch of airspace at the top. Water volume is ~3+ liters.

Back