Cali Kid Corals

Pressurized kalk reactor

65g tank, 1.5L kalk at night. Hmm come to think about it , it should last 7 days. Something is off.

Yes I have a separate ATO. I could covert the ato to kalk but I get a bit nervous on stability as evaporation is not different .

How much evaporation do you have a day? Without a sump, I’d have to think that at 1.5-2L would be close to the daily amount. You’re reaching the limits of how much you can dose with kalk I’d imagine and you’ll have to change methods or add a secondary method soon.

Honestly, I think if you want lazy, get a calcium reactor setup. You won’t have to touch it at least 6 months, maybe a year.

How much evaporation do you have a day? Without a sump, I’d have to think that at 1.5-2L would be close to the daily amount. You’re reaching the limits of how much you can dose with kalk I’d imagine and you’ll have to change methods or add a secondary method soon.

Honestly, I think if you want lazy, get a calcium reactor setup. You won’t have to touch it at least 6 months, maybe a year.
kalk is mainly at night. Besides kalk, I am also dosing 8-10ml of soda ash at night, and 100ml during the day.

Evaporation is 0.6-0.8gallon/day depending on the temp . I got the combo dosing going for a while and it’s pretty stable. Dosing significant amount of kalk during the day may raise the ph too much.

What’s started this is I don’t have space for a larger kalk reservoir. I am pretty stoked with this diy kalk project. I’ll update the thread in a week once I have it setup.

Not sure if my evaporation rate is normal. I do have very high flow, 100x with a couple of pumps pointing to the surface.

Back