got ethical husbandry?

PSA: PG&E announces potential for blackouts due to high winds for Bay Area and Central Valley

We’re you affected by the power outage?

• Total voters
I live basically in downtown SF, and my power has gone out once a week for the past three weeks for a few hours each time. Can’t imagine it being down for days... need to put together one of those diy ecotech compatible battery backup systems to run the pumps for a day or two.

I have a couple Belkin units you could borrow

We were told today that it may be 5 to 7 days without power on the peninsula coast (unincorporated san mateo county). I have a 4.5KW dual fuel invertor gen and 6 full bottles of propane for day time use (too noisy for night - 54dB my a$$). But I also have 175Ah of battery back-up power (simple to set up - just get a battery tender, a marine deep cycle SLA battery as big as you like, and as many tunze safety connectors as you need, and it will switch over automatically when the power goes out - love my tunzes -should last about 4 days). They even work from 12V solar panels. Bad news is I have a second reef that I have all the power back-up parts in place, except the Tunze safety connectors. Ironically, I ordered the parts last week just in case, and they were due for delivery tomorrow, but CHP is shutting Highway 1 as a precaution, so UPS won't be able to deliver anymore...

Sadly, although I have a huge number of solar panels, I haven't been able to find somebody to install and isolator switch and dedicated power outlet, so they are useless for the power outage

Good luck folks - we'll need it!
Thanks for the useful description. I am going to look into your battery back-up system.

At this point I think they have to shut the power off even if they really don’t have too since the outrage over a false flag campaign to get us to stockpile gas and batteries like it’s the end of times would be quite high I imagine.

This gotta to be the biggest scam and we’re all screwed.

I looked at the Costco generator this weekend for just in case, but wanted to wait until I did more research to choose a good one. I'm definitely kicking myself now for not buying it as I'm in the shutoff zone.

Anyone get hit yet?

My power is supposed to be off and even some houses on a different street have their power out, but I’m still good so far. *fingers crossed*

Amazon Prime definitely came through though. Got this delivered 30 minutes ago. Ordered it on Monday.

A8DC45EC-8515-4E01-92C3-2F6E009FAD06.jpeg

I better not get hit with a power outage, I'm still fuming from all the injuries the 49ers have had.
Plus I'm giving a midterm tomorrow, and while normally I wouldn't mind the school being closed it's a class that means once a week and I'd rather get this done, although I'm sure my students wouldn't mind the problem.

Also wonder how dead the board may be with no power to other members.

just received an email from Hayward saying as of right now my neighborhood won’t be hit but that’s subject to change. Charging ecotech battery backups now

My power in Castro Valley has been out since 11:36 last night. Awesome that I got my generator from Amazon yesterday considering I ordered it on Monday. Have four tanks powered up and my wife got her morning coffee. And it didn’t wake up my neighbor!
Which generator did you get?
Whoops, just scrolled up.

If anyone wants a generator, three left at Costco Livermore. Keep in mind that it's not an inverter generator though.

ABF75F02-CF28-4E66-9935-281BAA428CD2.jpeg

Back