Reef nutrition

Reef2reef sucks and discriminates

My point being is the vendors will accept money from any party. R2R drives them money. Perhaps YOU are confused with the dirty workings of how buissness really works.

My point being is the vendors will accept money from any party. R2R drives them money. Perhaps YOU are confused with the dirty workings of how buissness really works.
The flip side of that is R2R depends even more on the money paid to them by their sponsors. A few leave and R2R may very well re-think that policy. You may be confused on how the mind of a money-hungry zealot really works. :)

The flip side of that is R2R depends even more on the money paid to them by their sponsors. A few leave and R2R may very well re-think that policy. You may be confused on how the mind of a money-hungry zealot really works. :)

Well this will be interesting. We will find out just how “religious” he is when vendors back out (which I highly doubt will happen).

money vs religion

As users, it is easy to say F* off to R2R because of this sort of thing.

But it is an interesting debate for the sponsors.
R2R is deleting posts they find objectionable, in a biased and discriminatory way.
But I don't think they are openly pushing racists/biased views.
That is a big difference when it comes to advertising versus social activism.

Actually I find R2R very useful so I’m not going to delete my account or anything like that. Doesn’t matter if I agree or disagree with the site owners views it’s a buissness.

It's unfortunately not much of a debate for most I think. There was barely a blip on the radar when this happened around X-mas time as well (thanks again to @Thales for his activism then), and most vendors will be certain that no response is the best response again.

Be fun to take a group of to Macna though and confront the sponsors during Q&A's with big groups listening.

And that's ultimately where people have to make a personal decision based on their own morals and ethics.
This..
Well said.
oppression will continue in society when those who are not impacted by it, do not take stand against it.
I personally want to model myself on ppl like Thales, humblefish, Wlachnit and others who took a stand and made their voices heard even thu this issue might not impact them personally..

I wonder if it's possible for BAR to send an open letter to R2R and the sponsors from the X number of members of BAR detailing our abhorrence to this policy. I realize that the club and politics should be completely separate, but this transcends politics and is a matter of right and wrong. However, I acknowledge there may be club members that disagree with me and others on this so it could become a pandora's box we shouldn't open.

I wonder if it's possible for BAR to send an open letter to R2R and the sponsors from the X number of members of BAR detailing our abhorrence to this policy. I realize that the club and politics should be completely separate, but this transcends politics and is a matter of right and wrong. However, I acknowledge there may be club members that disagree with me and others on this so it could become a pandora's box we shouldn't open.
I like this idea. I would take a stand with everyone on this one. Discrimination against one is discrimination against all.

That would be an incredible gesture and a stand that shows what this club is about..

:lol: it didn't make sense. try reading it again...

I know exactly how dirty business can be, especially in the aquatic realm... Have you been in " the industry" (aquatics)?

As users, it is easy to say F* off to R2R because of this sort of thing.

But it is an interesting debate for the sponsors.
R2R is deleting posts they find objectionable, in a biased and discriminatory way.
But I don't think they are openly pushing racists/biased views.
That is a big difference when it comes to advertising versus social activism.
Suppression in an open forum when other groups can post is certainly pushing their views... if just silently.

Well this will be interesting. We will find out just how “religious” he is when vendors back out (which I highly doubt will happen).

money vs religion
You mean how devote he is? I don't question his faith, its strong and its his life. I've had plenty of conversations with him to know his faith is above the website.

Interesting idea.

It might be appropriate for BAR to say that we fully support LGBT rights and dislike any policy that edits posts.
We would need discussion and a member poll of course, before doing that.

But as far as directly going after another competing web site. I don't know. That seems problematic to me.

Interesting idea.

It might be appropriate for BAR to say that we fully support LGBT rights and dislike any policy that edits posts.
We would need discussion and a member poll of course, before doing that.

But as far as directly going after another competing web site. I don't know. That seems problematic to me.
I think we should discuss it and have a poll.

Back