Reef nutrition

RO system troubleshooting

89A9A7E2-02A9-4B88-8F84-380322BA8368.jpeg

Blue is product, maroon is waste. Yellow is supply and has a tee for the pressure gauge.

Side issue, but 75 gpd membranes don’t necessarily have less waste fraction than 100 gpd, you have to go by the specs for the filter. Also, if you really want to reduce waste water then a double RO membrane is the way to go.

Side issue, but 75 gpd membranes don’t necessarily have less waste fraction than 100 gpd, you have to go by the specs for the filter. Also, if you really want to reduce waste water then a double RO membrane is the way to go.
triple... I use 3x 75gpd in series with a 75gpd restrictor... i get 1: 0.75 ratio of good to brine... or better, :D.

triple... I use 3x 75gpd in series with a 75gpd restrictor... i get 1: 0.75 ratio of good to brine... or better, :D.
I asked BRS about doing this and their stance is the waste water out of the 3rd is such a high TDS that it isn't worth filtering. I am still not totally convinced given yours and Coral Reefer's experience.

I think I know what’s wrong - it came to me in the shower: the waste line must be blocked. Haven’t proved it, but that would be consistent with all the symptoms.

Back