High Tide Aquatics

Saturday November 13 - Member's only frag swap - Sunnyvale.

Will you be attending?

• Total voters
So. I would be kinda dumping frags off on someone cuz I’ve been growing the orange rica and red mushrooms forever. I know the rules say no plastic bags but I don’t have containers for all of them separately. What should I do ? Not bring them ? They are great beginner softies.
If you wanted to get the containers they are cheap and worth having around even besides frag swaps in my opinion. I reuse them constantly in my reefkeeping.

Many of us use the First Street brand from Smart and Final. I’ve tried many different kinds and those are best for our use in my opinion. I go to S&F about once a year just to buy (only) those containers :)

So. I would be kinda dumping frags off on someone cuz I’ve been growing the orange rica and red mushrooms forever. I know the rules say no plastic bags but I don’t have containers for all of them separately. What should I do ? Not bring them ? They are great beginner softies.
As someone just getting rolling, I would love a few frags or both if you have spares!

Lol those look like brown button polyps to me, not Aiptasia.
If I was a betting man I'd say parazoanthus, or "yellow polyps" they can be multiply quite readily and often seen as "weedy" (usually after you put the pretty yellow in your tank :D). Don't think these are on the banned list so they're good to go

If you want to bring them to put into the swap we do ask that they are put into plastic containers, as others have mentioned they're fairly inexpensive if you get the 8 or 16oz deli containers in bulk, I wouldn't go to Target and buy Glad tupperware or anything like that though. Nothing says you have to put just one mushroom per "frag" either. If you're going to do a day-of swap from bags to containers make sure you bring a pen & tape to write on, while the club will most likely have Sharpies we really don't want to loan those out for writing on containers since a single droplet of water tends to make them not work so good anymore.

If you want to just give them away as beginner corals, then feel free to put them in plastic bags, I'll bring one of those white washing tubs we can just toss them in on a table for people to grab as they want.

If anyone in the East Bay is going to the swap and doesn’t mind, we could use someone’s help to bring the stuff I keep for BAR in my garage to the swap. It’s the various support items we use to run the swap. I’m in Walnut Creek. I won’t be able to attend and bring the stuff like I usually do unfortunately. If you can help, message me directly.

By the way I believe we still have a bunch of extra deli cups for frags in that stash I can send along too.

If anyone in the East Bay is going to the swap and doesn’t mind, we could use someone’s help to bring the stuff I keep for BAR in my garage to the swap. It’s the various support items we use to run the swap. I’m in Walnut Creek. I won’t be able to attend and bring the stuff like I usually do unfortunately. If you can help, message me directly.

By the way I believe we still have a bunch of extra deli cups for frags in that stash I can send along too.
I can grab it on the way down if no one else is closer.

Reactions: JVU
If I was a betting man I'd say parazoanthus, or "yellow polyps" they can be multiply quite readily and often seen as "weedy" (usually after you put the pretty yellow in your tank :D). Don't think these are on the banned list so they're good to go
Yes, that’s what they are. And yeah, I got them for the yellow. :) I’ve never had a problem with them in my display tank, but in my frag tank, they are growing up the walls. :rolleyes:

Ok, sent a message to all those who said yes or yes+1 the swap address, if you didn't get it because I missed you (or you put yes after the fact, feel free to send me a message and I'll get you settled away. Do note, I'll probably last check in sometime Friday evening, so don't wait until the last minute.

Guess it's a no go for me. My personal frag came a week early :)
PXL_20211111_022950703~2.jpg

I am a new reefer. Don't have frags to swap but can I buy frags at the Frag Swap. Thanks
You can likely get some from a fellow member, check out this thread-

I have nothing good to offer up yet for the swap but will definitely try to be there just to say "Howdy" to my fellow members and see how the whole process works as this will be my first swap attendance.
Waiting for a venue address I think...

I’ll be there. I am a new reefer and would love to meet other members and get some advice. Location Address will be sent to my email? Thanks

I believe the address info was already sent to those who replied Yes or Yes+1 in the poll at the top of the thread. If you didn’t get it, send a message to @sfsuphysics as he mentioned a few posts ago above.

I think anyone who is on the group PM with the info can invite others; I’m not on there so I can’t (or I would)

Back