Kessil

Saturday November 13 - Member's only frag swap - Sunnyvale.

Will you be attending?

• Total voters
I have a ton of little containers. I’ll bring some you can swap out your bags there.
Could you bring some extra containers for me too? I have the to go style containers but they aren't really clear so not sure if they are good for swap or not. I was supposed to go shopping for something better but kinda dropped the ball. Was off today but spent all day doing tank maintenance on all my tanks! Lol

It’s really not great to show up to the swap and plan to re-container and label your frags right there on the fly while everyone is setting up and trying to check in. It is already a hectic time, and doing this is more disruptive and time consuming than you’d think. I mean definitely we want all our members to attend, and especially those new to swapping, and so allowances will always gladly be made. I’m just trying to be fair and honest with those who are new to swapping and trying to figure out what is expected.

That said, in my typically enabling fashion, I will be sending the club’s bin of empty clear deli cup frag containers I have in storage down to the swap with Dave for anyone who needs them. The clear see-through tops really help on the picking tables and are preferred if you have a choice.

It’s really not great to show up to the swap and plan to re-container and label your frags right there on the fly while everyone is setting up and trying to check in. It is already a hectic time, and doing this is more disruptive and time consuming than you’d think. I mean definitely we want all our members to attend, and especially those new to swapping, and so allowances will always gladly be made. I’m just trying to be fair and honest with those who are new to swapping and trying to figure out what is expected.

That said, in my typically enabling fashion, I will be sending the club’s bin of empty clear deli cup frag containers I have in storage down to the swap with Dave for anyone who needs them. The clear see-through tops really help on the picking tables and are preferred if you have a choice.
Yea for sure, I completely understand. I'm going to try and find time today to try and pick some up after work, just been a crazy week with a bunch of OT unfortunately.

Yea for sure, I completely understand. I'm going to try and find time today to try and pick some up after work, just been a crazy week with a bunch of OT unfortunately.
Well we will have containers for you and anyone who needs some. I just didn’t want people new to this getting the wrong idea that having to recontainer your frags at the last minute at the swap was the normal way to do it since it was mentioned several times here.

I’m bummed to be missing this swap. First time since I’ve been in the club that we have had it at someone’s house, so I’m interested to see how that aspect goes. It would make it a lot easier to find venues if it’s a good option.

Well we will have containers for you and anyone who needs some. I just didn’t want people new to this getting the wrong idea that having to recontainer your frags at the last minute at the swap was the normal way to do it since it was mentioned several times here.

I’m bummed to be missing this swap. First time since I’ve been in the club that we have had it at someone’s house, so I’m interested to see how that aspect goes. It would make it a lot easier to find venues if it’s a good option.
If it turns out well, I would love to host one at my place in the future. Or even just throw a bbq hangout day for those willing to come. I can throw a brisket and some ribs on the smoker.

Could you bring some extra containers for me too? I have the to go style containers but they aren't really clear so not sure if they are good for swap or not. I was supposed to go shopping for something better but kinda dropped the ball. Was off today but spent all day doing tank maintenance on all my tanks! Lol
While nonclear ones are not ideal, they can still work in a pinch as long as the lids are labeled properly. If they have clear lids with opaque bodies I wouldn't worry too much about that

Reminder this event is Saturday! I already just spoke to someone who thought it was Sunday again. We really should add the day to the title in the future events. Last swap at least 2 people had the same confusion.

Reminder this event is Saturday! I already just spoke to someone who thought it was Sunday again. We really should add the day to the title in the future events. Last swap at least 2 people had the same confusion.
I added Saturday to the title. Next someone will say the title should have said THIS Saturday.

Well good job Arnold keeping people up to date... figuratively and literally.

Those weekdays are so easy to mix up, both start with S, both end with day, thanks for helping out :)

Back