Cali Kid Corals

Skimmer pump needed for Skimz Mini SN123. The pump model is: VSC1200-DC

Hi,
I have an issue with my skimmer Skimz Mini SN123. The pump model is: VSC1200-DC
IMG_4728.JPG
The skimmer looks like this: https://www.aquacave.com/skimz-sn123-d-series-in-sump-protein-skimmer-with-dc-pump.html

Not sure if the pump will work with the ones bellow:
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/skimz-replacement-skimmer-pump.html - I want to see if I get: SKU: 208845 - SAP1200 REPLACEMENT SKIMMER PUMP if it will work with my skimmer.
On Ebay I found this product:
Also I found this person https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/skimz-mini-sn123.374791/ has replace the pump with a Jebao pump but not sure if is the pump listed above.

The guy's from Skimz did not even bother to answer my question I emailed them 15 day's ago with no reply and I sent 4 email. Also no reply over the phone as well.

I might have to get a different skimmer that will work on my 75 gallon tank and 20 gallon sump. The skimmer needs to be inside the sump.

The brs 1.2 pump will work but like all skimz pumps will dye in less than a year - I cut the flow with supplied restrictor and set power to 30-40%
Very bad qc - if jebao works I would get it instead and just use impeller. The skimz crap doesn’t worth 100+ bucks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Alex, I have the same skimmer....here is the replacement pump ..it includes a new controller also: QPS 1.2

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200531-212610.png
    Screenshot_20200531-212610.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 184
Alex, I have the same skimmer....here is the replacement pump ..it includes a new controller also: QPS 1.2. My controller still works.

Auch $115.. I just saw in the table bellow that is matching that model. I was hoping for the pump to be the first one SAP1200 Replacement Skimmer Pump $28.79

Auch $115.. I just saw in the table bellow that is matching that model. I was hoping for the pump to be the first one SAP1200 Replacement Skimmer Pump $28.79
Yep, and it's very unrealible - I'm on my third pump already and this one was bad from the beginning. BRS refused to send me replacement without getting this one back first and "inspecting" that would take at least couple weeks. I guess they aware how bad those pumps are. It stops by itself, sometimes decides to make sound like it's going to fly to the moon without any sign of mechanical problems.
PS - I have 3-4 years old jebao pump that is silent and works without any problem for less than third of the price of skimz.

Yep, and it's very unrealible - I'm on my third pump already and this one was bad from the beginning. BRS refused to send me replacement without getting this one back first and "inspecting" that would take at least couple weeks. I guess they aware how bad those pumps are. It stops by itself, sometimes decides to make sound like it's going to fly to the moon without any sign of mechanical problems.
PS - I have 3-4 years old jebao pump that is silent and works without any problem for less than third of the price of skimz.
Which model jebao? Does it fit inside the skimmer body?

FYI - finally tried jebao pump - fits like a glove Skimz body. Used old skimz impeller with jebao pump - its exactly same size and shape, works fine.

Last edited:
Interesting, my Skimz DC pump also failed, I bought the sort-of equivalent Skims AC pump to replace it, though it doesn't quite drop in, but I've yet to fit it to the skimmer.

I bought and I am using this one for one of the tanks.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jebao-DC1200-Water-Pump/153867486443
I just replaced the impeller and for the past 4 day's it seems is working good. Not sure what model you have.

I'm going to try and get the AC pump to fit. I've sort of lost faith in DC motors. Meanwhile, I've had my cheap Via Aqua AC pump running on my tank continuously for close to 20 years as a sump pump and my Mag 2 running my AquaC skimmers for about 15. The Skimz I bought used as an upgrade to the AquaC, but I've had to fall back on my faithful reliable and probably under powered skimmer.

Back