Our mission

Slowly getting closer to that new build

Daddy got a new toy.

66A696C2-EFCE-42E3-A7A1-E31651381573.jpeg

Another step closer.

Ok I'm going to say it... you'd think with as much as those pumps cost they could print a manual for each model to make you feel special, "Model A, B, C, D, E" :D I get how they work/hook up is identical but sheesh, how much does printing cost :D

It’s not really anything new. It’s just a return pump. It does have a 10 year warranty though. That means I don’t have to clean it for 10 years right?

You should be getting the most out of your money. While you're waiting for the new tank build to be set up, i'll be more than happy to test the pump out for you and make sure to file any warranty claims during that period of time as is necessary. Better than letting the pump sit idle no? ;)

You should be getting the most out of your money. While you're waiting for the new tank build to be set up, i'll be more than happy to test the pump out for you and make sure to file any warranty claims during that period of time as is necessary. Better than letting the pump sit idle no? ;)
It’s funny you say that. On the Colorado forum I had a similar offer.

I got my rough electrical, plumbing, and mechanical signed off. I have two 20a circuits run to it, a 1-1/2” drain just for the tank, and a 3” pipe that will act as a conduit between the sump area and my water reservoirs that will be down in the basement.

9626EF95-CF8D-447F-A56F-698338D235D3.jpeg
D44AA73E-9E89-47FD-B06B-53D655E73832.jpeg

My thought is that I’ll run two 3/8” water lines through the 3” pipe. One will be for fresh water for the ATO, and the other will be for new saltwater for doing water changes. I’m planning on using two pmups for this. Do you think they’ll be powerful enough for this task? I’m not worried so much about the ATO, but more so about the WC system. My thought was that I’ve used the DOS in the past which has a maximum flow of 250ml/min (just under 4 gallons/hour) where as the pmup is rated at 100 gallons/hour. I don’t know how much of a reduction there is for the head pressure. It will be about 9-10’ of head pressure.

The 1-1/2” drain will be used for water changes and the skimmer

Last edited:
So I have the through-wall big long runs for ATO and water exchange also.
I would definitely advise only using heavy duty perstaltic type pumps.
Magnetic drive don't have the head.
Most doser pumps don't handle the volume.

I have used both litermiter and DOS pumps.
Both have had failures after a while.
Neptune has good service, Litermeter I could fix myself. But both stopped.
I was really thinking of buying this one for ATO. http://www.novatech-usa.com/Products/XP-Series-Peristaltic-Pumps/XP014LFHX.html

Back