Neptune Aquatics

Steinhart news

Thales

Past President
I applied for a position as a full time biologist at the aquarium. It turns out there were like 200 applicants, and they decided to go with some guy from Hawaii, Charles Delbeek - anyone know who that guy is? :D

Getting beat out of a job as a biologist at an public aquarium by JCblueeyes is just fine with me - especially because they hired me as a part time biologist at least through the opening in September. ;D

[quote author=Thales link=topic=3727.msg43357#msg43357 date=1210815484]
I applied for a position as a full time biologist at the aquarium. It turns out there were like 200 applicants, and they decided to go with some guy from Hawaii, Charles Delbeek - anyone know who that guy is? :D

Getting beat out of a job as a biologist at an public aquarium by JCblueeyes is just fine with me - especially because they hired me as a part time biologist at least through the opening in September. ;D
[/quote]Charles Delbeek, who's that quack :D. On a positive note, it should be cheap to have him come out and speak to the club. Congrats on the part time, keep at it in time if you stay motivated you'll find a full time position there.

Rich do you know if Tom Tucker is still there? He was always a very nice guy that looked out for me, tell him I said hi if he is.

Yeah it might cut the sting, but it stinks having all of this built in "your back yard" and then having people applying from all over the place, so much for applying jobs to locals :D

You'll get the full time position sooner or later Rich. Once he move on to bigger and better things. At least you know they didn't hire a lifer. :D

[quote author=sid700 link=topic=3727.msg45506#msg45506 date=1213368702]
Didn't Waikiki Aquarium donate most of the corals for the new Reef in Steinhart?

Me thinks the fix was in ;D
[/quote]

Nope!
The corals have come from all over, Omaha, Birch, Atlantis... :D

[quote author=Thales link=topic=3727.msg45507#msg45507 date=1213369323]
[quote author=sid700 link=topic=3727.msg45506#msg45506 date=1213368702]
Didn't Waikiki Aquarium donate most of the corals for the new Reef in Steinhart?

Me thinks the fix was in ;D
[/quote]

Nope!
The corals have come from all over, Omaha, Birch, Atlantis... :D
[/quote]
... BAR :D

Back