Neptune Aquatics

Tapmorf's In Wall Upgrade

I got my from Ocean Treasures, but that was one that was on his shelf and he was cleaning it out, so got it on super ultra secret handshake discount :D

Joyce sorry about your losses. Another thing to think about picking up is a couple of these.
http://www.bigalsonline.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=3684&siId=1382133&catParentID=18280&scId=18280

Thanks Ian. These sound great and they even turn on when power goes out. I will have to order a couple of these as well. Wish I had them in this situation.

Thanks Phong - not sure I am going down that way anytime soon. :) I may order it with a package deal since I want to add another Vortech soon.

I have recently added a Coralife 12x UV Turbo Twist to the system, the biggest one they got. The Turbo Twist is powered from the sump to the display via Mag 3, just enough flow according to their recommendations of a slower rate for higher kill rate. It is hardlined via PVC and removable by unions joints at the in and out.

Joyce, Sorry to hear about the loss of fish.

I would use what Ian mentioned. I bought those from the local petshop (Petco, Petsmart). It's not going to work as nice as the Vortech backup power, but for the short term it's a good solution.

It is sad when you can't do anything to help them out.
[quote author=itsacrispy link=topic=4902.msg72021#msg72021 date=1230676528]
Sorry to hear about the power outage. This is like the 5th outage-related loss I've read about in a week! So depressing.
[/quote]

Thanks Rudy. I will check Petsmart out for some.
[quote author=jellygeee link=topic=4902.msg72026#msg72026 date=1230679609]
Joyce, Sorry to hear about the loss of fish.

I would use what Ian mentioned. I bought those from the local petshop (Petco, Petsmart). It's not going to work as nice as the Vortech backup power, but for the short term it's a good solution.
[/quote]

Some updated shots taken today with all lights on.
Please excuse the bad photography skills ::)

FTS
939_01_01_09_10_54_28.jpg

Left Side
939_01_01_09_10_58_11.jpg

Right Side
939_01_01_09_10_58_31.jpg

Center at Valley
939_01_01_09_10_58_52.jpg

Some unknown Palys I picked up from Aquatic Central a few weeks ago.
939_01_01_09_10_59_16.jpg

Badbread's DBTC Zoos update photo. Should be ready to frag this one soon to continue the chain.
939_01_01_09_11_00_00.jpg

Got this birdsnest from Eileen a few months ago and it has surprised me with the nice colors that are showing up !
939_01_01_09_11_00_30.jpg

Unknown Acan. They are slow growers, aren't they ?
939_01_01_09_11_00_57.jpg

This is very, very nice! I like how you did your rock work with the valley in the middle. Great job with everything Joyce!

Tank looks great Joyce!
What color is that birdnest? Is it pink with purple polyps? If so, would you happen to know what it is called? I ask because I have a birdnest that is pink with purple polyps, and I don't know what to call it :p

No idea what the name of this is. I remember seeing a thread about this birdsnest not so long ago on the BAR site. You are right though, it does have purplish polyps with a deep pink base. I can try to locate the thread about this one.

[quote author=A_Lee link=topic=4902.msg72363#msg72363 date=1230881137]
Tank looks great Joyce!
What color is that birdnest? Is it pink with purple polyps? If so, would you happen to know what it is called? I ask because I have a birdnest that is pink with purple polyps, and I don't know what to call it :p

[/quote]

Think I found the thread. I did not get this as a DBTC, but I believe this is the same birdsnest.

http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=3675.0

Not too shabby Joyce!

Btw, keep an eye on those unknown palys, they look like the blue palys that I have in my soft tank that will take over everything very quickly.

Birdsnest from me was originally obtained from Jeremy aka Tuberider

I have two frags of said birdsnest that grew very differently (one thinner and one thicker branched )and colored up differently (one pinkish and the other more purplish-pink) depending on flow and location in my tank.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=4902.msg72423#msg72423 date=1230919807]
Not too shabby Joyce!

Btw, keep an eye on those unknown palys, they look like the blue palys that I have in my soft tank that will take over everything very quickly.

[/quote]

yeah, I have something very similar, if not the exact same. I think they are proto-palys; and if they are, they are really quick growers!

Back