Reef nutrition

Trident on sale today at BRS

I am going to need a Trident when I setup the new tank. I don't think even during Black Friday you get as good of a 20% off sale. I'll kick myself if something new comes out though, which I think something might. With the new Apex 3, it's about time everything got a refresh.

Bought one!

I had a reefbot for several years, but it eventually died.
And not needed to test Alk/Ca myself put me out of the habit, so when it died, I mostly stopped testing. Bad idea.

Been thinking about a Trident for a while. Sale made me do it.

Bought one!

And not needed to test Alk/Ca myself put me out of the habit, so when it died, I mostly stopped testing. Bad idea.

Ever since I got my trident I use my reefbot to test for po4/no3 works great, trying to sorce idione test kit that's compatible with th reefbot is tough.

Bought one!

Oh yeah? Always wondered what happened to your Reefbot. So it stopped working and the company ghosted you as far as support? Or was it one of those "send it back to us and we'll fix it for almost the cost of a new one" level of support? (similar to what a lot of larger companies do in this hobby)

Oh yeah? Always wondered what happened to your Reefbot. So it stopped working and the company ghosted you as far as support? Or was it one of those "send it back to us and we'll fix it for almost the cost of a new one" level of support? (similar to what a lot of larger companies do in this hobby)
It had problems 3 times.
They were actually pretty good about quickly sending replacement parts. So no complaints on support, assuming you are a techie.
Replacing a servo, pump, or reformatting/loading a new SD card was no big deal for me.
But this last failure was a big leak in one of the tubes, which put salt water all over the electronics.
It could be argued that it was my fault also, for setting the reefbot up below the sump, causing a possible siphon.
I pulled it apart, thought about it, and really just gave up on it.

Can't wait until I can afford some automation for testing/dosing. I've been kicking back into gear of regular testing as I've gotten lazy the past couple of months.

Back