Reef nutrition

Wanna talk about gas price??

Yesterday it was $3.99. Today it's $4.17. WTH.. When is this going to stop?? ??? It cost me $65 to fill up my Camry or my Odyssey >:( ..

try driving a 3/4 ton truck ! 32 to 34 gal to fill up :'(
. it is diesel though so I do have options . 12000 more miles to go on my warranty and ill make my own fuel !

I honestly don't care how much it costs to fill up my tank, or any one elses tank, if you have that shiny SUV that gets 8 gallons to the mile when coasting downhill then you made your bed now lie in it. However the gas prices have already (and are continuing to) ripple right though every industry out there. Food prices are going through the roof, the costs of goods through the roof, hell Mikey here probably charges more for his work now because it costs more for him to get there. No part of industry is going to want to "take one for the team" and they're going to pass on that cost to Joe Consumer.

Mike it's a circle, the consumer will stop spending too, that's life, it's not just about YOUR demographic.

I've had to raise some of my rates for new people, but hold strong and am willing to make a little less if it means keeping my business alive.

I was talking to Caesar yesterday, he is looking to Escalade's for his new service vehicle, I'm looking at Elements. ;D

It's great that you don't have big family and don't like to drive around too much ;D .. We love to drive here and there. We were going to LA this week but the cost is way too much. :(

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=3767.msg43818#msg43818 date=1211558928]
Mike it's a circle, the consumer will stop spending too, that's life, it's not just about YOUR demographic.
[/quote]
That's what I'm talking about, the cost it takes to fill up your car for the 'average' person is really going to be minor compared to the rise of prices in every field.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking the "I drive a prius high ground" I'm simply stating that the 'average' person doesn't need the large auto that they have for the normal day to day activities they do, family? 25 years ago I drove around in a toyota corolla with 4 other people as a kid, sure it wasn't as comfortable as if we were in a van or suv, but it was possible. It amazes me to see many younger drivers (and I'm only 33) driving the flashy SUVs etc, I wonder how they can afford the gas on those things. Now others they do require the larger vehicles for their job or something they do a lot of, and those that do will end up paying a premium.

"I honestly don't care how much it costs to fill up my tank, or any one elses tank, if you have that shiny SUV that gets 8 gallons to the mile when coasting downhill then you made your bed now lie in it. "

Mike - I have both a SUV Explorer and a Civic Hybrid. I am not sure you really want to insult all the SUV/large auto drivers out in the club. Phong was just complaining about the price of gas for his sedan. Lets keep it friendly.

If you saw it as an insult please don't, because the percentage difference I pay vs any one else is still going to be the same. If your gas costs double, mine do as well. Again I'm not getting high and mighty based upon what I drive. I am however worried about how expensive everything is is getting, mostly food type items WAY more than the cost it takes me to drive places is all I'm saying.

With driving you can almost always downgrade to a certain point, people take less road trips, etc, you decided to get a civic to drive long distances to work, it might get to the point where I walk the 2(ish) miles to work instead of drive (at least for daytime classes). However with food, you can stop buying "luxury" items of food, but when even the cheap stuff is damn expensive that makes me worry a lot.

You shouldn't stop participating in this discussion Mike, but just a heads up. I understand its your thoughts out loud, but it can read alittle weird. Especially for anyone who doesn't know you. : )

Anyways - Phong I agree - Gas is getting up there.

don't worry Mike.. keep going.. :D

I have a car and a van. The mileage is almost the same for both. Everything but my salary will goes up because of the gas price. Can't spend $ on fun stuff = no live ;D ..

I think we might get to see $5.00 per gal this year . not that is good for my budget or anything . but it will open many peoples eyes . If the "average joe " can get shocked into the idea that there may be alternatives to the way things are now then it worth $5.00 a gal to me .

I think we will see $5 within the next couple of months. Remember gas prices tend to soar during the summer months.

Also if you look at it gas prices in the US vs. everywhere else in the world is a bargain. We have just gotten used to paying low prices for gas and the large rate of inflation over a short period has had a big sticker shock effect on us and the economy.

Not that I follow this advice but read some of the articles that show how much gas you can save just my decreasing your speed. I find the irony that people will wait in line for 10-15 minutes (with their engine running mind you) to save 5 cents on a gallon of gas.

decrease speed? like driving 55 on a freeway in a fast lane and talk on the phone at the same time?? ;D

Oh I don't stand in line. If I see a line, I go to next station. ;)

Back