Jestersix

Wanna talk about gas price??

I really didn't want this to be my first post but. I'd have to say we will probably see gas hit over $6 per gallon before the end of summer. What worries me more than the gas price and what will effect more people is the fact that inflation will run wild. For lower income people this could be devastating.

Welcome to BAR vvolfe..

Hopefully it won't get to $6. I walk if it does :D ..

Oh just so you know BAR membership is a lot less than filling up a tank with gas and it last a whole year ;D ..

ok for the record, none of my statements were actually directed at Phong or any other member here. All I was saying is that there are other areas where I spend money being affected by the high cost of oil other than filling my car. That is all :)

Ok I have more to say!

Bryan - Difference between the US and other countries however (picking on England for example) is their high price is a direct result of very high taxes on gasoline which actually goes towards something useful like mass transit. Also the fact that the dollar is tanking fast (and last I checked what the price of oil is based on) other countries probably are not feeling the hurt of high prices as much as us. Also we do pay more for gasoline, just not at the pump, the money we pay for a military presence to keep the mid east "stable" probably costs more than we wish.

Yep that was one of the reasons they changed it. I am not old enough to have bought gas in the 70's but I sure can remember being in a 40 car deep line to get it. You know back when we were "running out".

Though the prices hurt everyone. The increase in gas prices is probably one of the best things that could happen to the environment. Increased prices force people to conserve and use more mass transit when they can and also make alternative fuels more affordable and increases efforts to come up with new energy sources.

Still am I happy about it ...... no way as it will cause many other problems.

The other big issue that people are leaving out is the fact that the production of ethanol (from corn even though it can be made from many other things), is driving the cost of any produce or produce products through the roof. Anyone notice the price of a box of cereal or rice lately? Many farmers are shifting their focus to cash in.

Am I the only one who wonders as the state cries poor from the loss of tax revenues because of the decrease in property values etc., where they and the fed are using all of the additional tax revenue generated from the overinflated gas prices?

The 70's gas prices are about all the "Baby Boomers" can complain about. Problem is they are the biggest cop-out group of people to ever have inhabited this planet.

Peace and love is what they said, everyone must get along is what they said, mother earth is what they cried about, what they did was hypocritical. 1972 was the lowest birthrate generation since the depression, my mother had people say very nasty things when she was pregnant with me just going to the supermarket. People knew these problems would arrive 30 years ago. Now were back to the "Babies are soooo cool" attitude, great however it's just another consumer when it comes to our "growth based" society. Daniel Quinn said "an effort to feed a starving population results in an increased staving population". That is the root of the problem, we can talk about semantics, and trust me I can do it all day. But that is the problem, too many people and not enough resources, duh.

AFA gas tax in Ca, it is based on gallons not percentage, we should have a look at that. Oh yeah we should look at prop 13 too, but it's not going to happen, the cop out boomers would never take one for the team even if they have kids, it's all about them, they buy organic food and think that will save our doomed planet. Try and defend the boomer population you will only get mired in the discussion on how worthless the current generation of kids are, and that is a reflection of how selfish a generation that has had everything handed to them can be, and passes that attitude down.

Flame me all you want, I grew up in the Bay Area and could see the coastal range, and the snow capped Sierras from my home in the valley, now all I can see from there is crap spewed from those that thought that "getting ahead" was a good thing. It's more than just stupid gas prices, it's way more complicated then that.

Hehehe, I'm with ya Jeremy. I've written my fair share of letters to editor of the Examiner about how this city (SF) is getting choked because there are too many damn people living here, and they keep building more and more housing. Sure it's not the big picture, but it was the Examiner, although the only ones they posted was my rant on plastic bags :D

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=3767.msg43889#msg43889 date=1211595807]
1972 was the lowest birthrate generation since the depression,
[/quote]

So you and I are rare? :D

Hey guys check out the third car (Bugatti Veyron) LOL .. A whole gas tank last only 12 minutes at top speed :eek: ..
http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/105184/10-Most-Outrageous-Cars-of-2008

My friend has a Bugatti Veyron, used to be Ralph Lauren's it even has a plaque in the back with his name on it. That plaque drives my buddy crazy, he so want his name on it :D

I don't think it would matter to him if gas was $100 a gallon :p

Back