Cali Kid Corals

What other pets do you have?

Omg, thw idea of having pet snake is as cool as it is terrifying lol
Am gonna ask a stupid question so brace yourself.
Will it bite?

All pet snakes have the possibility to bite, but corn snakes tend to be very docile. A lot of common pet snakes (ball pythons, garter snakes, etc) are pretty friendly; we had a ball python for almost a decade and never saw any hint of aggression from it.

All pet snakes have the possibility to bite, but corn snakes tend to be very docile. A lot of common pet snakes (ball pythons, garter snakes, etc) are pretty friendly; we had a ball python for almost a decade and never saw any hint of aggression from it.
Man the idea of it alone is scary lol..pretty cool thu.
I came from Florida and there they had a real problem with ppl cut loose their pythons after it overgrow them. Python populations took over the everglades smd caused real ecosystem problems..

Last edited:
Man the idea of it alone is scary lol..pretty cool thu.
Am from Florida and there they had a real problem with ppl cut loose their pythons after it overgrow them. Python populations took over the everglades smd caused real ecosystem problems..

Well, like a lot of things, it depends on the type of snake, too.

Feral pythons released into an ecosystem with no natural predators? Bad idea.

Captive-bred corn snake? Chill little noodle.

It's kinda the same with tarantulas: Chilean rosehairs, Arizona blondes, or Mexican red-knee tarantulas? Laid back, chill, and generally won't bite unless you're hurting them.

King baboon tarantulas? Streams of angry expletives condensed into spider form that will attempt to bite the hell out of you for looking at them cross-eyed.

Showin’ a little love for snake keeping, here’s one of mine
F7E5EAF9-B8F0-4B4D-B9ED-EEFC85179AA8.jpeg

What is this?
It’s an emerald tree boa. I used to breed boas and pythons a few years back, but life got busier and I moved into a place without a garage, so I gave it up as a hobby. Just kept a few of my favorites that don’t need as much space. I have 3 of these guys and a pair of green tree pythons.

I do actually have socially acceptable pets, here’s Spike and Ash, the shelter cats.
4CA39941-B7D8-42DF-B404-C517F230AD05.jpeg

Odds are, if you're here, you've got pets in the form of fish, inverts, and/or coral. What other fuzzy, feathery, and/or scaly buddies do you have?

My wife and I have:

• Four cats: Theia, Kronos, Helios, and Asteria. Two were planned adoptions, two just showed up on our back porch (about 2 years between them)
  • An Arizona blonde tarantula named Angie
2 Cats Sam n Ella
2 Dogs Finn (a Cairin Terrier) Maya (Husky)
3 Red Ear Sliders Tiffany, Kate & Keenen

They are pretty cool!!!
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are, but their natural habitat, they sleep during the the day and active at night. When ppl get them as pets they force them to change their normal life which is sad..

Actually the saddest thing I saw on these guys were the hedgehogs and owels cafe's in Tokyo..the creepiest thing i ever seen. It was really weird and felt sorry for the poor animals.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200914-193015_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20200914-193015_Photos.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Back