Jestersix

What other pets do you have?

NanoCrazed

Supporting Member
We have chickens free-ranging in the back yard. They’re not old enough to lay eggs just yet, something we’re really looking forward to to in another month.
I've considered a chick or two... but always afraid of the mess...

Do you have a coop for them for the winter and rainy days?

Chromis

Supporting Member
1 freaking chicken per quarter acre, and must me 25 feet or more from amy residential walls...so annoying.
My wife dreaming of having couple chick's where she can collect eggs early morning lol.
That doesn’t seem right, most people are able to give their chickens more space and a better life in their yard than you could imagine they get on a farm. Maybe they meant it about noisy roosters? The place where I bought my chicks was selling out constantly due to more people keeping backyard chicken these days.

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
That doesn’t seem right, most people are able to give their chickens more space and a better life in their yard than you could imagine they get on a farm. Maybe they meant it about noisy roosters? The place where I bought my chicks was selling out constantly due to more people keeping backyard chicken these days.
Agreed.
Saratoga, and Cupertino ordinance are tough in this regard. Most of these regulations are not for the hens btw. Its for human health snd sanitary. Thsts why i was suprised mountain view is more relaxe