Jestersix

What other pets do you have?

We have chickens free-ranging in the back yard. They’re not old enough to lay eggs just yet, something we’re really looking forward to to in another month.
db035df3c6582054f5ea8d2ea7549172.jpg
I've considered a chick or two... but always afraid of the mess...

Do you have a coop for them for the winter and rainy days?

I always had dogs since when I was a kid. Currently had 3. Choco @ groomer, oreo darkest one and Bingo (fluffy with blue hair dye)

Attachments

• mmexport1600200673514.jpg
    mmexport1600200673514.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 172
  • mmexport1600200353345.jpg
    mmexport1600200353345.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 184
  • mmexport1600200515694.jpg
    mmexport1600200515694.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 177
1 freaking chicken per quarter acre, and must me 25 feet or more from amy residential walls...so annoying.
My wife dreaming of having couple chick's where she can collect eggs early morning lol.

That doesn’t seem right, most people are able to give their chickens more space and a better life in their yard than you could imagine they get on a farm. Maybe they meant it about noisy roosters? The place where I bought my chicks was selling out constantly due to more people keeping backyard chicken these days.

That doesn’t seem right, most people are able to give their chickens more space and a better life in their yard than you could imagine they get on a farm. Maybe they meant it about noisy roosters? The place where I bought my chicks was selling out constantly due to more people keeping backyard chicken these days.
Agreed.
Saratoga, and Cupertino ordinance are tough in this regard. Most of these regulations are not for the hens btw. Its for human health snd sanitary. Thsts why i was suprised mountain view is more relaxe

We added a Golden Retriever to the mix, Mr Nelson. Born April 4th.

IMG_2136.jpg

Our good friends picked up one of Nelson's siblings from the litter, Sophie (the blonder puppy). We get them together in hopes they will wear each other out. The wrestle until they pass out tired.

IMG_2435.jpg

If you go by weight, we more than tripled our pets because we adopted a four month old great dane puppy.

I was able to house and dog sit, a while back, an adult Great Dane... It was an awesome experience. I remember going on walks with him and being able to rest my arm on his back like an arm chair (I am 6'3") while walking down the street. He was a real gentle giant.

I was able to house and dog sit, a while back, an adult Great Dane... It was an awesome experience. I remember going on walks with him and being able to rest my arm on his back like an arm chair (I am 6'3") while walking down the street. He was a real gentle giant.

Golden retrievers are such absolute sweethearts. A coworker of mine adopted one last year and I loved getting updates about him.

For great danes...yeah, they're so sweet. They're giant lap dog couch potatoes who have zero concept of their own size (for good or for ill) except for when they start counter surfing. I'm 5'10" and I'm pretty certain he's as tall as I am if he stood on his hind legs.

Back