Neptune Aquatics

Yellojello's 120

Typically, you are supposed to do 3 treatments, a week in between each. So I'll probably do two more times.

I'll check tomorrow to see if there are any issues. All I did was put skimmer back online. Most either do large water change and/or run carbon and put skimmer online after about 8 hours after dosing. But there are some that said they didn't do any of that without any issues. If there aren't any issues, I won't do anything... maybe large water change after the 2nd or 3rd treatment, and then carbon at the end. I want to make sure all the red bugs and their offspring are gone for good. Some also have seen success with only one treatment. These are just my internet findings of both Interceptor tablets and Dr. G's SPS dip.

After 7 years, I decided to clean up my back wall for the first time. I painted my back wall, so I was scared to scratch of the paint using the magnet scraper. I bought a thin piece of pvc plastic sheet to cover to the backwall, and voila, magnet cleaner safe. Feels so different, not sure if in a good or bad way. Also, I can see how dirty my water is now lol. Too lazy to turn off pumps and run filter sock for photos.

Progression cleaning of each wall:
36076292831_33360d5889_c.jpg

36211290325_eb54cef96f_c.jpg

36076289701_c7ddab6351_c.jpg

36044291632_9daaa97493_c.jpg

35374920114_3031f559d4_c.jpg

36169797056_46eb349196_c.jpg

36076285381_05758fa58c_c.jpg

Took about 45 min. That's because back wall was a thick crust of coraline which took a lot more passes. Also, takes time to do a slow and precise scraping near the silicone corners as to not damage them. It's quite quick with a magnet cleaner with razor blade attachment.

Definitely better and the reason why I clean the back walls every month or so, before the coralline really gets thick.

Some SPS shots

Battle Corals Group
SgtHWaD.jpg

BC Backdraft
CUXfFwv.jpg

BC Pink Floyd
AOK6LMj.jpg

BC Bossanova?
6NZPLgA.jpg

BC Gilligan
lFJ0NEI.jpg

BC Rainbow Brite
5n3i2b3.jpg
]

BC Tyree Supaman Tenius
frZUVGo.jpg

Unknown from boun11
IGRSNUj.jpg

rWP6Yo3.jpg

JKR Rainbow Acro
p94CdUL.jpg

aZTRsGI.jpg

RRUSA Crazy T
tlLFfc6.jpg

RRUSA Dragon Tail
ugZIT6M.jpg

RRUSA Lightning Flash
7ZBuYYj.jpg

RRUSA Angry Bird
7BllqX3.jpg

Paletta Pink Tip
jtDjo8X.jpg

Green Dragon and Unknown
mQulC7q.jpg

MPrf4xY.jpg

H6HmgHs.jpg

WWC Pink Mille
5LJdaU2.jpg

TFP Local Gem
RlNS1so.jpg

2aC8WNX.jpg

ORA Hawkins
mnFNUGM.jpg

Fox Flame
7pTr3BK.jpg

Ultimate Blue Stag
EX4SikT.jpg

HRqeHUF.jpg

SSC
ZVgQbMe.jpg

Teal Mille
353pZQ0.jpg

WrZOrSJ.jpg

Hyperberry
bxIll3P.jpg

Miyagi Tort
dDwTsWm.jpg

Cali Tort
MbbaTpx.jpg

Walt Disney
x86S02Q.jpg

SCOP
v8eXLb5.jpg

Red Planet?
zbJnIvE.jpg

hTpknsC.jpg

ASD Bada Bing or TDF or Fandango?
Ggt8MSS.jpg

Shawn Bennett Yellow Tort?
GRyjdDd.jpg

Unknown
pklAHqt.jpg

Your corals look happy! I didn't realize how much of a difference it looks with a clean back wall. I might have to get the elbow grease out to do this too. What are you using to take these pictures? Keep up the great work!

Your corals look happy! I didn't realize how much of a difference it looks with a clean back wall. I might have to get the elbow grease out to do this too. What are you using to take these pictures? Keep up the great work!

Sony A6300 with FE 90mm f2.8 macro and porthole

Back