Our mission

Anna & Pablo’s RSR P650

Algae has been growing on the sand in one section of the tank and my nitrates have been higher lately. Reason: my Chaeto ball is half its original size. Don’t know why but I just noticed. I have not made any lighting changes, so my primary suspicion is lack of iron. (I don’t do water changes regularly.

Anyone have experience with ChaetoGrow or another similar supplement?

Been without power since Monday night. Lost the beautiful flame Angel that’s been in several of your tanks.

6747e9819f6288eeccba569fa3452476.jpg

Our driveway is littered with redwood branches and my car got hit by several - busting the windshield, tail lights and leaving dents all over.

2d366b93334eec87d81e2e3724393966.jpg

The Hydra 26 I had on my 22g frag cube crapped out so I replaced it with an XR15 and I am a bit disappointed with the PAR. The mounting arm for the light is not height adjustable and puts it 9” above the surface. The frag rack I’m using puts the frags 8” below the surface and I’m reading about 150 PAR there - in the center of the tank. How can I get these frags up higher, or the light down lower?

Algae has been growing on the sand in one section of the tank and my nitrates have been higher lately. Reason: my Chaeto ball is half its original size. Don’t know why but I just noticed. I have not made any lighting changes, so my primary suspicion is lack of iron. (I don’t do water changes regularly.

Anyone have experience with ChaetoGrow or another similar supplement?
ChaetoGrow arrived in the mail today. I'm growing sea lettuce in a DIY reactor since last weekend. Starting low and slow.

My new frag tank is crawling with pods. There are no predators or places to hide so they’re everywhere. Should I put a Mandarin in there? Will he be able to get them off the glass sides? Will he suffer without rocks or a place to hide?

My new frag tank is crawling with pods. There are no predators or places to hide so they’re everywhere. Should I put a Mandarin in there? Will he be able to get them off the glass sides? Will he suffer without rocks or a place to hide?
Mine in my biocube loves to eat the pods off the glass.

I want to raise my Mg by 40 ppm. BRS calculator says that will require 435 ml of mix. Seems like a lot. Should I do it at once?

I want to raise my Mg by 40 ppm. BRS calculator says that will require 435 ml of mix. Seems like a lot. Should I do it at once?

40ppm isn’t a lot. I’ve dumped 300ml of Mg in a 130 gallon tank before at once. But if it concerns you and makes you feel better, just do it over a couple of days.

I’m not challenging it, but why? You have a trident, right? Have you seen it’s trending down, or is there a problem that this should resolve?

I am curious because I have never tested my mg and love to learn

I’m not challenging it, but why? You have a trident, right? Have you seen it’s trending down, or is there a problem that this should resolve?

I am curious because I have never tested my mg and love to learn

It's because I added a Kalk reactor recently. This caused me to dose much less All For Reef...getting alk and Ca from Kalk...but almost no Mg. So, it has been trending down and I'd like to give it a bump back up to where it was. I have also heard that higher Mg helps with GHA

Back