High Tide Aquatics

2019 BAR Events

Wlachnit

Past President
This is what we have tentatively planned for the year....so far.

Coral Fragging Workshop - Jan 19
Coral Farmers Market - Feb 9
Member Frag Swap - Mar 16
How to Get the Most out of your Apex - Apr 20
Steinhart Tour - Jun 22
Dick Flanagan Lunch - Jul 27
Coral Farmers Market - Sep 14
Regional Frag Swap - Oct 19
Kessil Tour - Nov 9
Holiday Potluck - Dec

Last edited by a moderator:
SF TANK Tour? or is it a general tank tour? Is someone coordinating this? The one I used to due was not a club sponsored event. No issues if the club is taking this on ;)

Okay -- just got off the phone with Kessil (re donations), but they would love to do a Saturday tour with us later in the year. We will also have a behind the scenes at Steinhart with Rich. No set date yet, but possibly April for that. It will be a limited number of people and attendees have to pay their own way in the Museum.

Okay -- just got off the phone with Kessil (re donations), but they would love to do a Saturday tour with us later in the year. We will also have a behind the scenes at Steinhart with Rich. No set date yet, but possibly April for that. It will be a limited number of people and attendees have to pay their own way in the Museum.
Yes please!

SF TANK Tour? or is it a general tank tour? Is someone coordinating this? The one I used to due was not a club sponsored event. No issues if the club is taking this on ;)
It's your event. We are just planning around it and not holding an event that month.

@sfsuphysics when is the tank online:D
Well if it isnt up by Nov I win the "Dragging my butt" award, that said I'm just starting to paint the stand, electrical inside the stand is done (although might want to add some lights at a later date), and really the only reason I havent asked for help to move yet is because still trying to figure out overflow and may have to actually build.it myself :(

Another one to schedule if we want. Chad Clayton of Reef Nutrition would be happy to do a talk. Probably can have him combine a discussion with a seminar on culturing rotifers and copepods, etc

How about a Neptune Fire Sale for BAR???
Ha. But it would make sense to have a Neptune rep come out and do a Q&A/help session. Or one of our expert Neptune user BAR members to host a session. Maybe step through how to set up the Apex and various accessories. I’m honestly confused looking at Apex. Like seems you can daisy chain two fish feeders together using the aqua bus - does that mean you can daisy chain any two aqua bus accessories or just feeders?

Ha. But it would make sense to have a Neptune rep come out and do a Q&A/help session. Or one of our expert Neptune user BAR members to host a session. Maybe step through how to set up the Apex and various accessories. I’m honestly confused looking at Apex. Like seems you can daisy chain two fish feeders together using the aqua bus - does that mean you can daisy chain any two aqua bus accessories or just feeders?

All modules are daisy chained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's your event. We are just planning around it and not holding an event that month.

No Its not my event as I have no plans to host a Tank tour at this time. : )

Jar's tanks is work in Progress and Mike is not ready. Please remove this off the calendar unless BAR is taking over this tour.

Still, please remove the event unless someone else is planning it. My tank tours are not club sponsored events...as with all the events plan. This agreement was put in place with BOD long ago.

Back