Kessil

6/1 Members-Only Frag Swap at Mission Blue Center

Will you be attending the frag swap?

• Total voters
Lets see a picture of it?
Snapped these pictures just now while heating up lunch. It's the ridiculously bright one. First one is no lens, second one is orange lens; both under my AB+ lighting. The one in the back is a dragon soul (or hellfire, I think? Was sold to me as dragon soul), for reference

PXL_20240528_205805884.jpg

PXL_20240528_205810565.jpg

ETA: I don't think pictures do it justice. It's still eye-catching even in pure white lights.

Snapped these pictures just now while heating up lunch. It's the ridiculously bright one. First one is no lens, second one is orange lens; both under my AB+ lighting. The one in the back is a dragon soul (or hellfire, I think? Was sold to me as dragon soul), for reference

View attachment 56722

View attachment 56721

ETA: I don't think pictures do it justice. It's still eye-catching even in pure white lights.

Good photos, but you’re right it’s very hard to capture the subtleties which make the high end torches so special.

Haha the most innocent unintentional slight to all the high end HG and gold torches.
I mean, you're not wrong; haha. In that picture I have that teal-tip torch from CaliKid, a dragon tamer, several dragon souls, a tiger, a dark HG, and a Todd's, and it makes the other golds and greens seem pale. There's a lot of subtle beauties in a lot of coral - including this one (which I'm nicknaming 'holy fire' until Arvin comes up with a lineage name), since it has threads of yellow and green running through it - but sometimes you just want a centerpiece that makes even people who don't know much about coral go, "Wow."

Question about the frag swap: If a person realizes that perhaps they are not exactly sure of the correct identification for some of the corals they are bringing, will the check in people be able to assist in identifying them properly?
Asking for a friend.

Question about the frag swap: If a person realizes that perhaps they are not exactly sure of the correct identification for some of the corals they are bringing, will the check in people be able to assist in identifying them properly?
Asking for a friend.
Can be tough depending on the coral to identify without good lighting or because the coral is closed up. You can always post pics now and ppl can chime in, otherwise yes, ppl will do their best to try to identify what you have brought.

Asking for a friend.
My thoughts are it would be best if it was presented as a clear picture under aquarium lighting before hand, unless it was something very obvious. Could be impossible to tell in person say if it was a zoa, or acro and pissed off from traveling. Really depends on what type of coral it is.

Asking for a friend.
We ask that you post a picture beforehand and have us try to ID it/make a call beforehand. Setup for the swap and check in is always very hectic and we unfortunately don't have time to research a coral day-of.

Edit: Also what @MichaelB said regarding it being closed and hard to identify after travel even in the best case scenario. Take a picture and submit it here, and we can help you figure out what it is/looks like.

Last edited:
I know me and Tiff will never say no to dimsum even with the other food there. Let us know what our options are, and we're happy to join in.
Easiest for me is a $20 order and I pick from what the place has ready when I am there. I think you got that from me before

Back