6/1 Members-Only Frag Swap at Mission Blue Center

Will you be attending the frag swap?

• Total voters

Attachments

• IMG_8838.jpeg
    IMG_8838.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
'twas nice seen everyone again, sorry if I didn't say hi and talk personally with everyone I knew, there was a lot going on, and a ton of new faces I did not know, and it was relaxing just sitting back and not doing anything for once. Met a few new (new to me) members at the table I was at, heard about tanks (or tank plans) and an old one, saw a bunch of good stuff still on the tables right before the "free for all" portion of the swap that I kindly stood away from, nice to see there's still a lot of generosity going around.

Seeing that swap was really local to me, and the fact I had 5 corals to return/pass on in a DBTC, I really had to go, and it gave me a chance to thin out my already too small tank. Plus I got two things I really wanted, Rolf gave me a few of his trochus snails he grabbed, and a sandwich with some delicious pickles!

I hope the tradition of showing off your goodies still exists, I didn't really look at much of what was offered but I am curious what kinds of corals are out there now.

Great event. I had lots of fun hanging out with @Apon and @Turkeysammich during the picking waves.

Nice chatting with folks and meeting people too. I feel like @Finnaddict needs a special shoutout for the huge load of stuff he brought! I know a few other folks brought a ton of frags too, y’all really make the swap extra awesome.

We need more bonus acros next time though!! And clearly some things maybe should lose their bonus status as well…

Successful swap today! Dropped off 28 and took home 13 (needed the room badly).

KCC camo hammer from @Arvin R
Aussie ice tips and RRC goldenrod anacropora from @ReyDeFarts
Gold hammer and green favia from @Finnaddict
Green cyphastrea from @Krustykrab
Walt Disney from @derek_SR
Splatter hammer from @tribbitt
Multicolor rhodactis from @JVU
Blue Raven blasto from @Live55
Aussie orange lord and raspberry pie bowerbanki from unknown

Cleared out my basement too of old equipment!

And of course this killer A360 XE light! Thank you Kessil and @Bruce Spiegelman

Really appreciate everyone coming out today, volunteering their time, and sharing their corals in a sustainable manner. Especially Mike @Coral reefer for being Uber Eats and picking up our food from 4 different Costcos. Big thank you to @Keegan and the City of Brisbane crew for helping us have such an amazing location.

1000004060.jpg

1000004065.jpg

Lastly @IOnceWasLegend and Tiff for being frag swap awesome organizers!

Successful swap today! Dropped off 28 and took home 13 (needed the room badly).

KCC camo hammer from @Arvin R
Aussie ice tips and RRC goldenrod anacropora from @ReyDeFarts
Gold hammer and green favia from @Finnaddict
Green cyphastrea from @Krustykrab
Walt Disney from @derek_SR
Splatter hammer from @tribbitt
Multicolor rhodactis from @JVU
Blue Raven blasto from @Live55
Aussie orange lord and raspberry pie bowerbanki from unknown

Cleared out my basement too of old equipment!

And of course this killer A360 XE light! Thank you Kessil and @Bruce Spiegelman

Really appreciate everyone coming out today, volunteering their time, and sharing their corals in a sustainable manner. Especially Mike @Coral reefer for being Uber Eats and picking up our food from 4 different Costcos. Big thank you to @Keegan and the City of Brisbane crew for helping us have such an amazing location.

View attachment 56963

View attachment 56965
Lastly @IOnceWasLegend and Tiff for being frag swap awesome organizers!
You sir are the man for donating back that second light. You really did not have to but I’m sure your generosity was able to make a second persons day !

Back