Cali Kid Corals

Adit's 750 xxl

When I had ph4 swing due to overdosing reefroids, it nearly took out half of my sps colonies, i guess at this point only thing you can do is stabilize your tank parameter and do not do any anything else to tip off another swing.

The exact same thing (brown jelly disease?) that's happening to my acros happened to my green birdsnest, and that was before the spike. Thoughts?

Haven't lost anything else these last two days. Fingers crossed that its over. Luckily most of my high end (expensive) pieces made it.
Casualties: Red Table colony, Copps cala cali colony and mini colony, Red dragon, WWC yellow tips, Gold tort, all of Omar's pieces (sorry @ofzakaria), red dragon, cb purple fusion (hadn't really grown since the swap), one of my red planet mini colonies, bc rainbows in spain, and BC Miss Scarlet.

Got a pink boobies chalice and a bazooka joe watermelon chalice. In the first pic there's also the likely bubblegum monster chalice (@Srt4eric) along with a frag I got from @Corallus

Attachments

• IMG_7390.JPG
    IMG_7390.JPG
    172.7 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_7391.JPG
    IMG_7391.JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 135
IMG_7394.JPG

Latest harvest from my ATS. I've stopped carbon dosing and Phos E dosing for the last 3 months and nutrients are finally stable at 0.03 ppm PO4 again. I think maybe all the sequestered PO4 in the rocks (used the rocks from my first build) must've finally been exported

I also noticed that since I added 3 peppermint shrimp from AC my aiptasia population has exploded. Could it be that as the shrimp are tearing them up to eat they're also spreading them everywhere (like what would happen if I tried to manually squish them)? I think this means I need more shrimp...

How long for what?. Tank was set up a little over 2 years ago now
How long for the phosphates to come under control, i.e. how long until the rocks stopped leaching. But Ok 2 years, I just looked at then date of the first post, not thinking it tank may be older than that

I'm not sure when the rocks stopped leaching, but I do take very meticulous logs of my parameters so I can provide some insights in the PO4 over a long period of time. Around March 2020 PO4 was hovering around 0.8 (there were also THICK mats of GHA everywhere), and at this time the only nutrient export I had was my skimmer. I started planning the ATS (which I think I finished around the end of April), and started carbon dosing, which had minimal effect (I think NO3 might've been limiting). Over the next 3 months I wrestled PO4 down to 0.3 - 0.4 by aggressively running seachem phosguard (the ATS was providing negligible growth at this point, a combination of the initial seeding time required as well as the lighting schedule not being optimal). I then heard about LC so I started dosing that instead of phosguard, and was able to get PO4 in a range of 0.05 - 0.15. Until March 2021 I didn't change anything - Skimmer, carbon dosing, ATS, LC, and my phosphates were in the same stable range (although eventually I started dosing LC only the few days after changing the ATS). Then i started the purge treatment so I turned off my skimmer and reduced carbon dosing -- PO4 initially shot up to 1.1 and I don't want to talk about the rest. 3 months later (June 2021) I turned my skimmer back on and since then I've maintained PO4 0.03-0.07 using just the skimmer and ATS.

Some updates... some acros are going really strong but now so are the aiptasia. I also still have aefw :mad:
IMG_7715.JPG

Toxic green acro, pink caddy (the flatworms like this one), DBTC sunset milli from @Otakuthugster, and SC orange passion from @Jonathan Chia
IMG_7719.JPG

Red Planet, Pc Rainbow, Tricolor Valida (the flatworms' #1 favorite)
IMG_7721.JPG

Gusty's Blue Tenuis @Coral reefer
IMG_7724.JPG

ASD Purple Austera. I really need to take care of those pandoras
IMG_7726.JPG

Walt Disney, Raspberry lemonade, CC Dark knight, A tort from @Zero Gravitas.

IMG_7727.JPG

WWC 500 degrees
IMG_7729.JPG

Just a top down. The zoas are really growing in and starting to look nice but I need to take care of the pandoras and the aiptasia. Any suggestions?

I had the best luck with Berghias when I was dealing with aiptasia...I think I bought 12 for my RSR250 just to make sure they didn’t all get eaten and could clean up the aipitasia

I had the best luck with Berghias when I was dealing with aiptasia...I think I bought 12 for my RSR250 just to make sure they didn’t all get eaten and could clean up the aipitasia
What was your tank stocking? I have a six line wrasse, cleaner & peppermint shrimp, and a lot of other fish/inverts that I think would eat them. I guess I'd need quite a few

What was your tank stocking? I have a six line wrasse, cleaner & peppermint shrimp, and a lot of other fish/inverts that I think would eat them. I guess I'd need quite a few
I had a six line, possum wrasse, leopard wrasse, cleaner wrasse, yellow tang, clowns...the berghia managed to survive though lol

Back