Cali Kid Corals

Arin's Reefer-S 850 Build

And it doesn’t come with the sump modification kit. So I’ll have to order one. Eh

You just need a blade from Home Depot.

8E85A945-F920-48A0-8275-055B56A36912.png

Just an idea, but this might work. At minimum something to try out if you don’t want to wait for the kit. I’ve watched the video and the tool reminds me of a feeler gauge. $5 at Harbor Freight

Attachments

• 1507FA26-BF6B-4953-86B2-DB51A0D720C9.png
    1507FA26-BF6B-4953-86B2-DB51A0D720C9.png
    126.1 KB · Views: 81
Eh. I just ordered the thing. I’m leaving town this weekend anyways.

I really just wanna finish building this damn thing. It’s been taking forever. But in the end I did wanna wait for the reefmat as I figure cutting up the sump now is easier than when it’s full of water.

Eh. I just ordered the thing. I’m leaving town this weekend anyways.

I really just wanna finish building this damn thing. It’s been taking forever. But in the end I did wanna wait for the reefmat as I figure cutting up the sump now is easier than when it’s full of water.
Yeah, I trashed a Dremel and extension cutting my sump with water in it :)

I do not recommend it.

Love that trident cutout.
Ya that’s a cool accessory. since I’ll have to change reagents from time to time it makes sense to have it accessible.

Not sure what I’ll mount outside. I’m guessing the skimmer’s controller & maybe nothing else… we’ll see how things fit. Hopefully I’ll wrap it up tonight.

Last edited:
The wiring is almost done. I have all the stuff mounted neatly in the cabinet but I’m waiting for some short power cords and usb cables to arrive before I finalize that.

With the day of waiting I decided to get the lights setup.

image.jpg

I didn’t take any pictures but I recycled the previous adaptive reef board to keep the radions’ power bricks organized & tucked it behind the tank.

image.jpg

The lights are running off a different circuit than the rest of the tank too. I might run the mp40’s off the same circuit but I haven’t quite decided.

I believe you can call Red Sea and they’ll send one to you. At least from what I’ve been seeing people talk about this on other boards
I have a kit showing up via UPS today. Fish Tanks direct had them in stock so I ordered one.

Its gonna be interesting to see how the process goes. I've hear folks say its easy with the kit but a PITA without it (or at least w/o similar tools/blades)

Sump baffles out.

12FF88DB-2738-4F12-8A75-F86EFFA6D787.jpeg

ReefMat in.

63751CD7-625A-44DA-8617-84B4F91EEB43.jpeg

First impression: This thing is pretty big!

Modifying the sump was pretty much what you’d expect after watching their how to video. It’s not difficult but it takes a bit of time. Maybe 20-30 minutes.

You just have to be patient and a bit methodical; just plan what order you want to remove the baffles, take your time, cut all the way thru the silicon… rinse & repeat.

Well, I can’t figure out how Red Sea wants this plumbed. It comes with a bunch of parts which I assume are supposed to fit all their tanks properly but I’m struggling to understand what they intend.

Can’t I get it to fit? Ya. But it feels wonky. Sent a support email to confirm with them before I proceed.

Anyways. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to buy the sand this weekend. After that I just gotta add water!

Back