Our mission

Complete Bonus/Ultra Coral List - 2024 (REVISED AS OF 10/13/24)

I believe that the check-in folks should have the authority to refuse those entries. The rules have been posted and the expectations made clear. It's on us as members to have an understanding of what is clearly communicated. If it isn't clear, then ask in the threads and come to the swap prepared. It is not fair to expect the folks at the tables to do that for you.

Also, let's be sure to bring healthy corals, especially if we are going to be counting them as an ultra!
I think checking for health should definitely be done at the check in table. Last swap I got some hammers that were cut down the middle of the skeleton (single heads were cut in half) from Bonus round picks.

I think checking for health should definitely be done at the check in table. Last swap I got some hammers that were cut down the middle of the skeleton (single heads were cut in half) from Bonus round picks.
If someone shows up for regular entry (non-bonus) with 2/3 of the their frags looking like they were fragged in a blender or have been dead for a decade, should they be turned away from participation in the swap?

Can someone remind me what the rules are to participate again? You have to be a supporting member and bring at least 3 frags correct?
Supporting member, and at least 3 distinct different corals (different color morphs work as well, even within one species, for example green vs peach hammer)

If some or all of your corals are bonus, those count towards tickets. Entry corals and bonus corals can overlap (splatter hammer, smoothskin acropora, and tenuis satisfies both a) 3 diff corals, and b) 3 bonus = ticket. )

Can someone remind me what the rules are to participate again? You have to be a supporting member and bring at least 3 frags correct?
3 different coral not on the band list, clear container clearly labeled. No visible pests such as aptasia etc. No plastic fish style baggies. Plastic cups.

Supporting member, and at least 3 distinct different corals (different color morphs work as well, even within one species, for example green vs peach hammer)

If some or all of your corals are bonus, those count for tickets. Entry corals and bonus corals can overlap.
3 different coral not on the band list, clear container clearly labeled. No visible pests such as aptasia etc.
I thought Josh said before the last frag swap that it didn’t need to be 3 different types of coral?

Your corals need to satisfy one req to join: at least 3 different varieties.

Once that’s arranged, look at all the corals you plan on bringing. For every 3 bonus or 1 ultra you get a ticket. For tickets, repetition/variety don’t matter: any 3 are a ticket.

I don’t know if the 3 different corals part is still a rule on the books, but we haven’t been enforcing it. Josh has the final say if he wants to.
The last frag swap, it was officially decided that it would not be enforced:

“I don't think we need that rule, and that it's better to encourage ALL THE NICE coral. ”

I am not sure if that’s a temporary decision, but it sounded pretty final

Up to josh though

Any recommendations for clear containers that would fit a 3" wide frag disc? I have these 16oz deli containers laying around, but they are not clear, more of a frosted translucent than clear.

1727907443338.png

Opinions on Favia of the Gods? Got a chunk I'm going to try and cut up this week.
I think it and yellow submarine favia were ultra last swap but were removed from the list all together.

Yellow submarine was rare but has become more widely avaible, though I wouldn't call it common. Favia of the God’s, I've only rarely seen for sale never at a lfs when i visted anyway.
The ones i saw of fog was at cfm.

Only my personal opinions and lfs observations.

Though I wouldn't mind grabing a frag of fog to go next to my yellow submarine one.

I would think bonus at least only my opinion as stated above lol.

Back