Jestersix

For those interested in buying G2 Red Sea tanks

This seems to log faulty “Red Sea” tanks at that and gives no basis in understanding probability of failure vs other brands-

I do have the other sheet raring to go that would capture some of this data plus a lot of variables that could contribute to tank failures not just being a specific brand.

Be happy to send it to you and see if a few items could be merged..

This seems to log faulty “Red Sea” tanks at that and gives no basis in understanding probability of failure vs other brands-

I do have the other sheet raring to go that would capture some of this data plus a lot of variables that could contribute to tank failures not just being a specific brand.

And with that hazard ratios can be performed that looks at probability of failure over time..

Your spreadsheet is great and definitely captures a lot more data, but IMO it's overwhelming for the average person. Most people will look at a spreadsheet and get lost on what to do. These Reefers just had a catastrophic event happen, the more complicated the sheet the less likely they will fill it out. I used to work at a telephone survey company. I found participants are significantly higher if you use a 10 question or less.

I'm focusing on Red Sea tanks specifically since there's no doubt the majority of tank failures is by Red Sea. Happy to sync with you to expand this form if it'll help you collect data you need.

Mine has 9..bu
Your spreadsheet is great and definitely captures a lot more data, but IMO it's overwhelming for the average person. Most people will look at a spreadsheet and get lost on what to do. These Reefers just had a catastrophic event happen, the more complicated the sheet the less likely they will fill it out. I used to work at a telephone survey company. I found participants are significantly higher if you use a 10 question or less.

I'm focusing on Red Sea tanks specifically since there's no doubt the majority of tank failures is by Red Sea. Happy to sync with you to expand this form if it'll help you collect data you need.

Right I think I think I have 9.
But IMHO if people can’t answer some basics on their tanks -such as number of gallons and what brand -I might wonder. I can def add in that info to have a two’fer so it can act as both a retrospective resource and a tracking resource going forward..

But as to solely focus on Red Sea doesn’t answer to me-were/are at greater risk vs other tanks and are they currently a greater risk today. From what one person commented and had discussed at AC- wonder if there are other issues at large-tank transfer (and storage), lack of proper leveling, lack of any bracing -other things..

Granted I need a sample to begin with at least 70.

I had my Reefer 170 G1 fail with a pin hole leak in one of the back seams, right at the bottom corner after about a 2.5 years of use.

I do have to say my experience with Red Sea customer service was actually pretty decent. They got back to me pretty quickly and had a new G2 tank on the way right away. I still had a to wait a week or two for delivery which felt like a millennia with my tank in rubber made bins spread around my dining room and hallway. It was really not a happy time for my marriage hahaha.

I had the replacement G2 up for around 1.5 years before I broke it down when we moved and I upgraded to my current 425xl G2. So far everything looks rock solid, but I watch the seams like a hawk. There certainly is enough chatter about RS tank failures to be paranoid

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    526.1 KB · Views: 14
Mine has 9..bu

Right I think I think I have 9.
But IMHO if people can’t answer some basics on their tanks -such as number of gallons and what brand -I might wonder. I can def add in that info to have a two’fer so it can act as both a retrospective resource and a tracking resource going forward..

But as to solely focus on Red Sea doesn’t answer to me-were/are at greater risk vs other tanks and are they currently a greater risk today. From what one person commented and had discussed at AC- wonder if there are other issues at large-tank transfer (and storage), lack of proper leveling, lack of any bracing -other things..

Granted I need a sample to begin with at least 70.

I think we may have different goals for collecting this data. My goal isn't to figure out if Red Sea's failure rate is higher than other tank manufacturers. From what I've seen on social media the overwhelming number of posts is good enough to give the general public the opinion that Red Sea G1 tanks are not reliable. I don't think collecting data on other tank manufacturers will change the public opinion even if it turns out that Red Sea tank failure percentage rate is inline with the industry. I'll let the attorneys figure that out if there's ever a class action lawsuit lol.

Maybe change your sheet into a Google Form. I think the flow of answering questions is easier than jumping around from cell to cell. Then it'll automatically convert the answers into a sheet for you.

I think we may have different goals for collecting this data. My goal isn't to figure out if Red Sea's failure rate is higher than other tank manufacturers. From what I've seen on social media the overwhelming number of posts is good enough to give the general public the opinion that Red Sea G1 tanks are not reliable. I don't think collecting data on other tank manufacturers will change the public opinion even if it turns out that Red Sea tank failure percentage rate is inline with the industry. I'll let the attorneys figure that out if there's ever a class action lawsuit lol.

Maybe change your sheet into a Google Form. I think the flow of answering questions is easier than jumping around from cell to cell. Then it'll automatically convert the answers into a sheet for you.
It may be two different goals! I can try google forms to make it easier.

Back