got ethical husbandry?

For those interested in buying G2 Red Sea tanks

I am curious…do we have any evidence that the recent failures are actually G2’s? Or are we just taking the OP words for it?

The SN of the tank will indicate if it’s a G2 or not.

I spoke to my RS rep and he said Zero G2 have failed.

View attachment 61669
There was a G2 failure posted on one of the FB groups that I am in just yesterday. the G2 that failed was a replacement for the G1 that had failed prior.

I am missing something here. I am not questioning the failure of Red Sea tanks. I can see it in all the linked threads and in those threads, I see that they are Red Sea tanks. What I don’t see is a single post saying it was a G2. A simple snap of the SN label of the tank would’ve prove that it’s a G2, right? Howcome that info is so hard to find. Can someone point one to me? Just so I can show the Red Sea rep.

Last edited:
I am missing something here. I am not questioning the failure of Red Sea tanks. I can see it in all the linked threads and in those threads, I see that they are Red Sea tanks. What I don’t see is a single post saying it was a G2. A simple snap of the SN label of the tank would’ve prove that it’s a G2, right? How come that info is so hard to find. Can someone pointed to one? Just so I can show the Red Sea rep.
I asked one of the OPs who had a Gen 2 seam fail, will update with the SN label if he uploads it

BTW…does ANYONE here on this forum have a G2 version that failed that they can prove? Usually if a G2 failed under warranty, you are required to send them a proof of SN for warranty coverage. The same one I need. I would really appreciate that as I need to get to the bottom of this also.

Here’s what the SN label looks like full image.
IMG_1499.jpeg

Red Sea is not a publicly traded company, and has zero requirement or incentive or motive to share any data about anything at all. I would not trust a single word that comes out of a Red Sea rep's mouth (or anyone else at that company, for that matter).
Nothing wrong with not trusting any company. It’s a free world. But, if someone is making wrongful accusations of a brand I do business with and support, then I need to know the facts so I can set things straight with them and protect my customers.

I am missing something here. I am not questioning the failure of Red Sea tanks. I can see it in all the linked threads and in those threads, I see that they are Red Sea tanks. What I don’t see is a single post saying it was a G2. A simple snap of the SN label of the tank would’ve prove that it’s a G2, right? Howcome that info is so hard to find. Can someone point one to me? Just so I can show the Red Sea rep.

What years were the G2 put into production?
I think have a G2 (purchased 2020) but can look when I get home.

Can you send me a link to the FB post of that G2 failure. Appreciate it.
I believe the R2R and Facebook post are the same user. They sent me a PM with their serial number. It is in fact, NOT a G2. OP is saying that Red Sea told them it’s a V3A from right before they transitioned to G2. So no proof of a G2 seam failure there at least

Attachments

• IMG_0728.png
    IMG_0728.png
    209 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0730.png
    IMG_0730.png
    152.1 KB · Views: 21
Back