got ethical husbandry?

Gimmito's 450 gal L-shaped tank

db54a535.jpg

Here's a pic of the right rear of the display. A tunze wave box, 6205, & 1" sea swirl fill in that corner. I was able to place the magnets within the overflow boxes.

89bf4b58.jpg

I know was going to have a major dead spot in the right front of the display w/the rockwork. My solution is a tunze 6100 in a tunze rock (hopefully it doesn't stickout like a sore thumb).

I like the tunze rock plan. I bet it will look fine.
Long term, just be careful how you mount your coral.
Don't forget that you occasionally need to remove it and clean the powerhead.

I was wondering though, since you have a fairly deep/fine sand bed, if it might settle and move.
It does vibrate, and has a fair amount of pressure. Just a thought. Don't know.

Have you tried the flow out with tap water yet?

You know what works well for seeing the flow - those fine white chips/dust you have left over when
you cut PVC pipe. They flow around and provide great contrast to show the current.
:)
No - kidding - don't do that. It just happened to me because I forgot to clean one pipe.
Works well, but a mess to clean.

Mark,

I've considered the tunze placement and I think it will work for flow and ease of removal for cleaning. The tunzes will all be on a controller, so I will be able to dial in the flow.

Good thing I read your whole post before pouring in a bunch of pvc shavings to test out the flow. :p

Doing my part to stimulate the economy Dave. ;)

fc3c9a76.jpg

99b63947.jpg

The Reef Octopus SR-140 media reactor came in today. I'll be using the new bio sphere pellets in it.

I got busted last night by the little lady having somehow charged up a whole bunch of new equipment on the credit card!! She asked me if it was a legit charge to which I mumbled something to the effect of "yes".

houser said:
I got busted last night by the little lady having somehow charged up a whole bunch of new equipment on the credit card!! She asked me if it was a legit charge to which I mumbled something to the effect of "yes".
LMAO.... you need a credit card she doesn't know about. ;)

I just got back from vacation and had some things waiting for me.

83e7d305.jpg

6 buckets of Tropic Eden Sand that John from Ready Aquatics was able to get for me. :D

0b02eae0.jpg

I also received my bacteria & ammonia from Dr. Tim. I've been listening to various podcast and spoke to him regarding cycling the tank. Apparently, many large public aquariums use his products to cycle their tanks.

Back