Our mission

Josh and Tiffany's RSR 250

Both pretty cool! Also the gold hammer is so much more gold in your tank than mine, maybe I need new lights too haha.
If you're referring to the gold hammer in the picture I just posted, that's an unfair comparison because that's a different piece. The gold hammer from the lineage you got used to be there, but something kept picking at the tips, so I swapped it for an orange/gold wall hammer I got a while ago at my wife's behest. This is the same lineage as yours from earlier this year:

1659389013258.png

For new lights, though, I won't say 'don't do it'. I thought Radions were kind of overpriced for the longest time, but I've seen a noticeable shift in coral colors since I started using them. I'm very much a convert now.

If you're referring to the gold hammer in the picture I just posted, that's an unfair comparison because that's a different piece. The gold hammer from the lineage you got used to be there, but something kept picking at the tips, so I swapped it for an orange/gold wall hammer I got a while ago at my wife's behest. This is the same lineage as yours from earlier this year:

View attachment 40903

For new lights, though, I won't say 'don't do it'. I thought Radions were kind of overpriced for the longest time, but I've seen a noticeable shift in coral colors since I started using them. I'm very much a convert now.
welcome to the ecotech darkside...

Second part, 8/10/22

I started dosing Red Sea trace elements ABCD about a week ago and I've seen some modest, but noticeable, improvements. I've been getting a lot more red on the rim of my alter ego montipora, and my pink lemonade acro has gotten a little more of a metallic green-yellow sheen to it that I like.

Since I started dosing trace elements, I figured I may as well list out my dosing and feeding schedule:

• Daily: 50 mL of Part 1 and 50 mL of Part 2 diluted (1:4) ATI Essentials Pro (done by a Neptune DOS)
  • Daily: a broadcast feed of a mixture of 30 mL Red Sea AB+, 10 drops Reef Nutrition Pac Pods, and 10 drops Reef Nutrition Oyster Feast
  • Daily: two Hikari algae wafers, one cube either PE Calanus or Hikari spirulina-enriched mysis shrimp, one cube coral gumbo, and some Reef Nutrition TDO pellets
  • Weekly: 7 mL of each part of Red Sea ABCD trace elements (calculated based on ATI Essentials Pro calcium usage)
  • As-needed: Brightwell NeoNitro to keep nitrates at 15-20

Back