High Tide Aquatics

Kessil Tour- Nov 9

So was there stuff you guys saw that you weren’t allowed to take pictures of?
No, the actual secret stuff was in an area that had no windows, and we were not allowed in. The guy giving the talk at the podium did let slip the name of the new Kessil fixture though that they tried to keep quiet by putting a piece of tape over the name on the prototype unit they had :D But I won't relay that information in case it costs the guy his job :D In the pictures there is a Kessil A2000 though, you dont typically see that at BulkReefSupply though :D

I won one of the WiFI Dongles though, as well as one of the adjustable mounting brackets that aren't even out yet! Didn't get a chance to win the A360X because I volunteered to pick the "grand prize" winner, which is really a shame because I don't own one yet to use said dongle or mounting bracket :D

I've talked to them a few times. Good customer service.

This light is either a little over a year old or about 3 years old. I can't remember which set it was part of.

Reef Geek 3D Printing

e160630a3a327bee0831d938a750e5e1.jpg

No wonder everyone is unloading their AP700

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So...I’ll be the stick in the mud, but did anyone ask Kessil if they cared that these pics of pre-released products are posted? Hate to see something drastic happen like them saying no more tours because of it.

This is one has a 0-10V is you MUST integrate with your controller. It looks similar to the AP700, but it may be like the A360WE is to the A360X. Higher output lighting, sleeker design (even though they did claim they weren't "Apple") in that regard. The little touch pad is a nice touch (no pun) in that it only is visible after you touch it.

So...I’ll be the stick in the mud, but did anyone ask Kessil if they cared that these pics of pre-released products are posted? Hate to see something drastic happen like them saying no more tours because of it.
They absolutely said taking pictures was ok, and I think in today's world that typically translates to "we know you're going to share them"

This is one has a 0-10V is you MUST integrate with your controller. It looks similar to the AP700, but it may be like the A360WE is to the A360X. Higher output lighting, sleeker design (even though they did claim they weren't "Apple") in that regard. The little touch pad is a nice touch (no pun) in that it only is visible after you touch it.
Does that mean it's apex compatible?

Reef Geek 3D Printing

From what I gather, yes, at least on a partial level. I didn't ask but Jon @jonmos75 probably could say more. 0-10V suggest that it can be controlled in some way, how much though is anyone's guess as I don't know how the Apex can control something as complicated a light with only 0-10V if there are multiple channels involved, although Kessil lights seem to have either "more/less blue" as part of their control. So I wouldn't speculate too much.

It can do 4 channels without any additional modules.

I'm not really interested in the individual color controls. I like the 2 channel setup better.

Reef Geek 3D Printing

The new lights AP light will have 0-10v Output only so no it will not be able to be controlled through the 0-10v analog speed ports on the Apex, Apex EL, Classic or VDM module. However you will be able to connect their WiFi Dongle and in the foreseeable future possibly Q1 per Brandon @ Kessil that will communicate with an Apex or Apex EL through the IoTa protocol.

I really enjoyed the tour and had a good time seeing everyone again

Back