Cali Kid Corals

Featured MEMBERS ONLY Frag Swap - October 19th in the South Bay (PLEASE RSVP)

Will you be attending?

• Total voters
Over the past month I’ve been fragging things here and there, just a little, “for the frag swap”.

This is ridiculous I didn’t realize i fragged so many. Out of a 20g nano too

IMG_6759.jpeg

Did not get to say goodbye to everyone, I had to rush out as @Kensington Reefer was getting hot waiting in the car.

Special thanks to @IOnceWasLegend and the rest of the BOD and volunteers for putting on another awesome swap!

Always nice to see the homies, and put some new faces to names too. :)

@Turkeysammich @Darkxerox @dangalang @CaseyP @ReyDeFarts @tribbitt @Raj Gill @B the Nano Reefer @timmeh @Srt4eric @JVU @Invictus @psidriven @a.little.hypertonic @Chrism1330 @Reefer Madness @MichaelB @jonmedina @Alexander1312 @Alexx @Apon

Fun swap and great turnout! Great to see everyone. Thanks all for helping.

Don’t forget to dip and carefully inspect your new corals.

DBTC table was a success too, here are the sign up pages. The giver needs to update in barcode for each:

View attachment 61861

View attachment 61862

View attachment 61863
DBTC police - I brought three small colonies of the https://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/dbtc-neon-candy-cane.29712/page-2#post-524824 / Neon Candy Cane with multiple heads today. One I gave to Tim directly, so he did not sign up here, the other one Ayman signed here. Leaves one taken from the table without signing up. I hope there will be a thorough investigation of this incident and that video camera footage of the event today is available.

Last edited:
Did not get to say goodbye to everyone, I had to rush out as @Kensington Reefer was getting hot waiting in the car.

Special thanks to @IOnceWasLegend and the rest of the BOD and volunteers for putting on another awesome swap!

Always nice to see the homies, and put some new faces to names too. :)

@Turkeysammich @Darkxerox @dangalang @CaseyP @ReyDeFarts @tribbitt @Raj Gill @B the Nano Reefer @timmeh @Srt4eric @JVU @Invictus @psidriven @a.little.hypertonic @Chrism1330 @Reefer Madness @MichaelB @jonmedina @Alexander1312 @Alexx @Apon

Was he really in the car?!?!

DBTC police - I brought three small colonies of the https://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/dbtc-neon-candy-cane.29712/page-2#post-524824 / Neon Candy Cane with multiple heads today. One I gave to Tim directly, so he did not sign up here, the other one Ayman signed here. Leaves one taken from the table without signing up. I hope there will be a thorough investigation of this incident and that video camera footage of the event today is available.
You know I did see one on the lps swap table, I wonder if it got put over there?

I have two questions for the coral id smart people here.

20241019_190615.jpg

First image is a the anemones i already had at the top of rock rbtas. The lower brighter is 1 of 3 I got today. It was pretty much completly unlabeled. The newer one visually seems like a totally different nem. Any idea or best guesses as to what type it is?

20241019_190725.jpg

20241019_192326.jpg

The lower picture is left side what was labeled with a bonus sticker as a tequilla sunrise mushroom x2 had no name of who gave it so I'm not sure who to confirm with. Right next to it on the right is a dbtc sunrise i picked up from @JVU at the previous swap.

I've seen many sunrises but never one that look like those ones on the left that were labeled as such. Could they still be sunrises in my noob eyes they look more like green rhodactis like i have in my other tank only a little bit more neon.

Are these a varriant of tequilla sunrises or a totally different coral?

I have two questions for the coral id smart people here.

View attachment 61865
First image is a the anemones i already had at the top of rock rbtas. The lower brighter is 1 of 3 I got today. It was pretty much completly unlabeled. The newer one visually seems like a totally different nem. Any idea or best guesses as to what type it is?

View attachment 61866
View attachment 61867
The lower picture is left side what was labeled with a bonus sticker as a tequilla sunrise mushroom x2 had no name of who gave it so I'm not sure who to confirm with. Right next to it on the right is a dbtc sunrise i picked up from @JVU at the previous swap.

I've seen many sunrises but never one that look like those ones on the left that were labeled as such. Could they still be sunrises in my noob eyes they look more like green rhodactis like i have in my other tank only a little bit more neon.

Are these a varriant of tequilla sunrises or a totally different coral?

Those anemones may be the same. When certain corals and anemones shrink they are more condensed and look brighter. You notice this especially with corals like torches and acans. This could be what’s happening here.

The mushrooms you got on the left are not tequila sunrise. If it has white bouncing vesicles as it sort of looks like then that’s cool, but they are Green Rhodactis.

Those anemones may be the same. When certain corals and anemones shrink they are more condensed and look brighter. You notice this especially with corals like torches and acans. This could be what’s happening here.

The mushrooms you got on the left are not tequila sunrise. If it has white bouncing vesicles as it sort of looks like then that’s cool, but they are Green Rhodactis.
All good, i'll compare the nems again when it puffs up more.

Hopefully they do bounce, but I wouldn’t have picked more green rhodactis even during the free for all given a choice lol.

Very fun dayand it was a pleasure catching up with everyone. I will show the photos of new stuff once it's settled in and happy.

Back