High Tide Aquatics

My 170g cube

Decided to clear out all the dead corals I've lost in the past few months. Found these on the backside of a rock. Didn't even know they were there.
a4de0167265853e684f9558f68750c49.jpg

Reef Geek 3D Printing

If you are only moving the tank a few feet, there is an alternative "mad rush" method.

Borrow lots of buckets, bins, whatever can store all your water.
You can even use your bathtub.

Drain a lot of water out.
As you drain water, capture fish and put them in buckets.
Leave all the coral in the tank. Spray water on it to keep it wet.
Drain almost all the rest of the water out.
Jack up the entire stand/tank onto furniture dollies, and move it with coral and some water still in it.
Then put water and fish back.

In theory, you can do all of that in an hour or two, especially if you have a lot of help.

It will be hard on things, but likely less so than setting up alternate tanks and so on.

If you are only moving the tank a few feet, there is an alternative "mad rush" method.

Borrow lots of buckets, bins, whatever can store all your water.
You can even use your bathtub.

Drain a lot of water out.
As you drain water, capture fish and put them in buckets.
Leave all the coral in the tank. Spray water on it to keep it wet.
Drain almost all the rest of the water out.
Jack up the entire stand/tank onto furniture dollies, and move it with coral and some water still in it.
Then put water and fish back.

In theory, you can do all of that in an hour or two, especially if you have a lot of help.

It will be hard on things, but likely less so than setting up alternate tanks and so on.
Not a bad idea. @grizfyrfyter, how long do you suppose they’ll need it moved for? One window could only take an hour or two if they’re considerate. Meaning if they do the whole thing at once. Typically when I do a job like that I’ll do it in stages. I’ll rip out every window then install every window, then trim out every window.... it’s quicker than doing them one by one but you can ask if they can do that one all at once.

I'm moving it to another wall so it's a one time move. Funny, it's where I wanted the tank to begin with but I let my wife have her way.

I'm picking up a couple large tanks from a generous member here. I'm going to plumb the display into the garage. Use the 125g as a display refugium and the 100g with just water and whatever rock I can get my hands on.

The frag tank will go in the garage too. Current system volume is about 200g. Should be around 400g after the move.

Getting rid of a few of the larger fish too.

Reef Geek 3D Printing

hahah, yeah I know how that is "Here's some coral I don't want" "but I don't want it either..." although for some nice ones like that I probably would do an anemone cube or something... like you need another tank I'm sure :D

hahah, yeah I know how that is "Here's some coral I don't want" "but I don't want it either..." although for some nice ones like that I probably would do an anemone cube or something... like you need another tank I'm sure :D
The original plan for that tank was a clown harem for my wife. Now that I don't need the frag tank anymore, it's the perfect time. I won't do a harem but I can have a few anemones.

Reef Geek 3D Printing

Back