Jestersix

Patio's IM 75 EXT

The tank is running on just limewater. The tentative plan is to remove the top right rock once the kalk reactor can't keep up with demand. It seems I am about halfway to maxed out at the moment. If our first baby expected this coming July doesn't tire me out too bad, I may replace that space with some tougher sticks with room to grow upwards. If too tired/busy, I will just start the forest fire digi and spongodes over as frags and remove the rock.

View attachment 53541

Why are you planning to remove this area exactly? Just curious, because it looks great to me.

Why are you planning to remove this area exactly? Just curious, because it looks great to me.

I like the look too and thank you! PM if you want some chunky frags of either.

I like the simplicity of not needing more than limewater to keep cal and alk up. I assume those two corals will continue to grow, and may require more limewater than I can add. That and I would like to try some tougher sps corals in that section and let them grow more upward.

I wanted those corals to drive up limewater consumption in the early days so I could benefit from a higher ph. As all the corals have grown in, I may no longer need the help of the top right corals and eventually may not be able to keep up with them with just limewater. Eventually I will prorbably need to add more than just limewater but I would like to see how far I can push it.

I like the look too and thank you! PM if you want some chunky frags of either.

I like the simplicity of not needing more than limewater to keep cal and alk up. I assume those two corals will continue to grow, and may require more limewater than I can add. That and I would like to try some tougher sps corals in that section and let them grow more upward.

I wanted those corals to drive up limewater consumption in the early days so I could benefit from a higher ph. As all the corals have grown in, I may no longer need the help of the top right corals and eventually may not be able to keep up with them with just limewater. Eventually I will prorbably need to add more than just limewater but I would like to see how far I can push it.

I see. Thank you very much for the clarification (and for the offer!!). The limitations of limewater are an interesting issue, but this is why the slurry could be beneficial? Or are you already maxiing this out too? Or you do not like it being potentially unpredicable regarding its strength?

I think I am at around half capacity now which is nice because I move slow. I push through an Avast reactor. I really should pay more attention to how I add more powder to the reactor. Every other week I just dump in maybe around 3/4 cup? In the future I suppose I could add enough powder to consider it a slurry IDK? I have seen others add zip ties or something similar to keep the powder suspended in the reactor. I am not at that point or need at the moment.

Back