High Tide Aquatics

Reef 3D printing request thread

Attachments

• IMG_0784.jpeg
    IMG_0784.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 16
Most of that is supports. You want to print it flat on the bed. Can you make the legs separate? Place that red base on the bed? This shouldn’t be more than 17g of material

ETA: .028kg*$20 is more around $0.56

Most of that is supports. You want to print it flat on the bed. Can you make the legs separate? Place that red base on the bed? This shouldn’t be more than 17g of material

ETA: .028kg*$20 is more around $0.56
Probably but when I’m not doing printing as like a business, I dont really see it worth the hassle to break it up into pieces and then glue things together. It’s only cents at the end of the day. If I was doing it in a large scale, forsure it adds up and I’d look into cutting costs. But a few prints here in there for myself and others I don’t mind

Also the I got a 2kg bundle for $23.38, so I’m just basing it off that. Although even then I think the math is wrong lol

Depends on how much Stickers were and price of your ink? When I do events i print food labels, but firsf time making labels for the swap. Thanks to seeing the ones you guys did, I figured I would have to give it a shot.

9 cent per sticker for me, couldn't figure out amount of ink used, probably 10 cents total to round it out.

I only bought 120 stickers. Probably cheaper if you get larger packages.
Oh I meant for the 3D printer frag holders

Dammit, I should not have read this thread the night before the swap.

I am just laying my frags down raw dog in the bottom of a deli cup like an absolute barbarian. I would love to get a bunch of these for the next swap!
Haha that’s what I did last swap and I felt bad because they were just jumping around in the jar

Well you guys should also feel bad for not giving each coral their own led light in the containers. I still have one from last swap, that made me more excited than the coral.
Already got that covered. Thanks to @t0mmy108 for the led light recommendation. I almost went with a different one that he originally got but apparently that was a flashing one

Attachments

• IMG_0785.jpeg
    IMG_0785.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 18
What kind of fancy jars are those?
Which ones? I got mine from Tap Plastics. Question for you since I recall you mentioned you’re into plastics. Is there a specific type of plastic a jar that holds coral should be? I was looking into it and I see the most commonly used are PET and Polypropylene. PET I read though is only meant for one time use? Not sure how true that is

Which ones? I got mine from Tap Plastics. Question for you since I recall you mentioned you’re into plastics. Is there a specific type of plastic a jar that holds coral should be? I was looking into it and I see the most commonly used are PET and Polypropylene. PET I read though is only meant for one time use? Not sure how true that is
Polypropylene is the least reactive plastic. Most jars you’ll find are PET or Polystyrene.
Can never go wrong with inert glass, with high DOC (internal strength)

ETA: sealed glass jars are actually quite strong

Back