Our mission

Reef 3D printing request thread

Thank you @t0mmy108 for the Reef Delete Cruise Control sleeves you made for me. They work great, make it much easier to use.

Thank you @t0mmy108 for my HOB thingy that @tribbitt showed me. I haven't installed it yet, but I'll let you guys know how it works when I do. Much appreciated!
You'll probably need to mod it.

Heat a sacrificial metal fork over a fire until orange hot, then jam some thin holes in the side of the thing. Not enough water can get in the weir, at least for my filter lol

Also probably put a small hole at/near the bottom so water can drain out during wc, otherwise it'll just be full of water and fall off

Bambu Labs are so FAST and so EASY. I love my X1C. I have a spare AMS unit and can print up to 10 different colors on a single print which I will never do, lol
I might pickup a P1S just to compare to the K1C. I really like the K1C but I hear a lot of talk about Bambu Labs. I think one of their biggest selling points was the AMS but I’m not really interested in that. I heard it makes a lot of waste, and I mostly just print reefing stuff and I prefer solid colors. I got a bunch of spools (black/white/grey) and I’m still on my first black spool. For some reason I thought these things went through filament faster.

I might pickup a P1S just to compare to the K1C. I really like the K1C but I hear a lot of talk about Bambu Labs. I think one of their biggest selling points was the AMS but I’m not really interested in that. I heard it makes a lot of waste, and I mostly just print reefing stuff and I prefer solid colors. I got a bunch of spools (black/white/grey) and I’m still on my first black spool. For some reason I thought these things went through filament faster.
Creality is soon releasing a version of the ams

You getting this? It's cheaper than my k1 Max that keeps crapping out on me.
No. Was passed along by a friend. It’s a ~$4k printer with materials for $1k. Huge flip opportunity

I’m not a fan of the stratasys fdm’s. They have not great seam quality and really don’t print dimensionally well. Use them a lot at work.

Thank you @t0mmy108 for the Reef Delete Cruise Control sleeves you made for me. They work great, make it much easier to use.

Does this thing (light) work? It seems like it should in theory.

Does this thing (light) work? It seems like it should in theory.
It definitely does, if you can hold it long enough in the right position with the on button pushed down. The button is too firm, and its hard to tell if you’re pushing hard enough, making it tiring/painful to hold for more than a couple minutes. Should have a lock-on feature or slider on switch, but it doesn’t. That’s where this sleeve comes in, to hold it on for you.

Nice. Think it can tackle BBA?

Re button: I can tell you that is a momentary button in order to get UL/RU/EU approval to make that light, they had to make some sort of fail safe to prevent eye exposure (and stupid kids). Also why they send the orange glasses.

Nice. Think it can tackle BBA?

Re button: I can tell you that is a momentary button in order to get UL/RU/EU approval to make that light, they had to make some sort of fail safe to prevent eye exposure (and stupid kids). Also why they send the orange glasses.
Agree it’s probably safety related, but it’s still designed badly. It should be easy to push with a little haptic click or other way of knowing it’s on vs off at least. The on light isn’t designed well to tell if it’s on. The UV already won’t turn on when it’s not underwater, and also turns off if you take it out of water.

Regarding BBA- I think that’s a freshwater algae pest? I don’t really know, but they do say it works on algae.

You got it. It likes to come back when the co2 tanks run out. It accumulates on the outflow nozzle like a black beard, BBAlgae. Usually use hydrogen peroxide, but fish think I’m feeding them. This seems like a real spot treatment solution.

Back